News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chargers with Airplanes

Started by 70charginglizard, April 11, 2012, 02:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charginglizard

Why not.....   I'll start-

70charginglizard

GOTWING

That Charger reminds me of a 70 R code Hemi pistol grip 4spd. F8 green R/T that sat in Houston De. in a old mans front yard with some other Chargers scattered all over his property. I think the car finally ended up in NY.The car has a very interesting story that involves a Dover cop a chase and bullets and a vin tag removed by the cop. :D if the owner of the said 1 of 42 Chargers is out there i can tell you how the bullet holes got in the back of it. :nana:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :scratchchin:

71_Charger_R/T

404NOTFOUND

A blue '69 and my red '69 with the Avro Arrow.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

A383Wing

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on April 11, 2012, 04:26:28 PM
I'll go second..........

Wow! I lived in Duluth from '77 to '81. My old man was stationed there.

BBD

Laxy

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on April 11, 2012, 04:26:28 PM
I'll go second..........

That's one of the coolest Charger pictures I've ever seen. Awesome!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

DAY CLONA

Bob T

Ok, I've got a few from our 2009 R/T 6pk club Nationals at Tauranga Airport. One of the club members is a part owner, I went up in the Harvard for a 25min flight. Amazing
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Some good looking Aussie charger's there. :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

GOTWING

I love that 70 R/T plum Charger! :drool5: That color combo is my all time favorite :drool5: I hope it's pistol grip,console,with power windows! ( hemi would be nice too ) :drool5:

70 Charger RT

Bob T.  Kind of off-topic but have you seen my old 60 New Yorker 4 door HT that was bought in Alberta and shipped to NZ?
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

ODZKing

My ride and my wife's ride. She is a charter pilot.

AirborneSilva

Sorry Bob but I think I'd rather be driving your wife's daily driver, I always did want to learn to fly...  both rides are quite nice though  :2thumbs:

Bob T

Quote from: GOTWING on April 12, 2012, 08:24:00 AM
I love that 70 R/T plum Charger! :drool5: That color combo is my all time favorite :drool5: I hope it's pistol grip,console,with power windows! ( hemi would be nice too ) :drool5:

Sure is! Yes on the 4speed and console , not sure on windows, it is owned by a guy who works overseas and his brother drives it, ultra well detailed  :drool5: was for sale for $80k last year, still has it though...

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on April 12, 2012, 08:38:27 AM
Bob T.  Kind of off-topic but have you seen my old 60 New Yorker 4 door HT that was bought in Alberta and shipped to NZ?

Hiya 70, cant say I've ever seen it, Nice looking Fin Car though  :2thumbs:  how long ago did you sell and ship it? And what region did it go to? North Island or South Island, I've got a few mates with Fin and even Letter Cars, some of them might have heard of it...

ODZKing, your wife's ride is the fastest on the page and sharp looking Gen I    :yesnod:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

70 Charger RT

Quotehow long ago did you sell and ship it? And what region did it go to? North Island or South Island
I sold it Feb 25, 2008 to a gal from NZ that was working in Britsh Columbia at the time.  I believe it ended up in Aukland but I'm not 100% certain.

Not that I want the car back but just curious if you seen it at car shows and such.
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

taxspeaker

Our 2 cents worth

tubedriver

Both my rides....
Well, actually I drive a Charger and fly a Challenger......

Musicman

Quote from: ODZKing on April 12, 2012, 08:39:55 AM
My ride and my wife's ride. She is a charter pilot.

His & Her's... I've always liked that shot Bob!

Troy

Plane finished. Cars not.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Vainglory, Esq.

Taxspeaker, your car looks very nice. I noticed your license plate says "Hemi Yes," but I didn't notice Hemi placards on the fenders. What's the status?

taxspeaker

When we reprinted we moved the hemi emblems behind the front tires like on 69 r/t's because we liked the look there better than up high. If you look close you can see them

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on April 12, 2012, 11:20:02 PM
Taxspeaker, your car looks very nice. I noticed your license plate says "Hemi Yes," but I didn't notice Hemi placards on the fenders. What's the status?

It looks like the lower part of the fender is sporting the Hemi badge.

EDIT:  Taxspeaker answer before me  :yesnod:

70charginglizard

:2thumbs:  cool posts people! Glad I opened up this subject. very cool.
70charginglizard

Dodge Don

GOTWING

AKcharger

GOTWING

Musicman

GOTWING

@ akCHARGER, what is your rim size and width fronts and backs, tire size? i like the stance of the Cragars. :yesnod:

70charginglizard

Finally got a shot of this liz with one of the planes my dad flew in WWII  A B-25 named Grumpy. Fitting...lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

and one with me in it-

one looking thru the interior-

70charginglizard

Finn

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

70charginglizard

moparfan53

This is not my car. A while ago I was looking online for pics of 69 T5 & T7 cars and found these. I know some people don't care for the bronze colors, but I like them! :yesnod: ;D

:cheers:   

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

70charginglizard

Quote from: moparfan53 on June 25, 2012, 12:28:22 AM
This is not my car. A while ago I was looking online for pics of 69 T5 & T7 cars and found these. I know some people don't care for the bronze colors, but I like them! :yesnod: ;D

:cheers:   

Very nice!
70charginglizard

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

TruckDriver

I know it's not a real Charger, but a few pics from my game Forza 4.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

jwilk01

oestermarken

Guess an airplane  :D

69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

twenty mike mike

DadsCharger00

That picket fence is perfectly aligned down that car....great pic.  :cheers:

chargerrt

Fred

Your charger looks great. Love that blue  :2thumbs:

Ghoste

Voodoo, one of my favorites from the Century Series.  Where did you take that photo?

oestermarken

Quote from: twenty mike mike on August 28, 2012, 05:44:27 PM
Quote from: oestermarken on August 28, 2012, 03:36:06 PM
Guess an airplane  :D

Saab S35E Draken :nana:

Almost right  :2thumbs:

It is a F35 Draken strike aircraft

From Wikipedia:
Danish export versions: F-35 single-seat strike aircraft, TF-35 two-seat trainer and RF-35 reconnaissance aircraft. The type was heavily modified to make it into a strike aircraft; compared to the Swedish versions the outer wings where completely redesigned, and the radar was missing. These aircraft could carry heavy bombs as well as Bullpup missiles, during the WDNS upgrade of the 1980s they received the ALQ-162 jammer a Marconi 900 Series HUD and a Ferranti LRMTS (laser rangefinder and marked target seeker)

/Brian
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

Ghoste

oestermarken

Quote from: Ghoste on August 29, 2012, 05:47:37 AM
Are they still in service?

Last flight as Danish Air Force Planes was  21. dec. 1993

Some was sold to NTPS Mojave Californien USA, I don't know if they are still flying.

Picture from '07 http://www.stall.dk/images/Draken/Drakens.JPG
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

oestermarken

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on August 28, 2012, 10:25:45 PM
That picket fence is perfectly aligned down that car....great pic.  :cheers:

Thank you.. Lucky shot  :icon_smile_big:
69 383 4bbl
White Hat Special
Light Bronze Metallic

chargerrt

Quote from: Fred on August 29, 2012, 12:17:20 AM

Thanks!  I love the way it looks when the sun shines on it!

chargerrt

Quote from: Ghoste on August 29, 2012, 05:35:09 AM
Voodoo, one of my favorites from the Century Series.  Where did you take that photo?

It's right outside the front entrance of the Marina Civic Center in Panama City, Florida, and just a stone throw away from Tyndall Air Force Base.

Fred

Quote from: chargerrt on August 29, 2012, 04:21:31 PM
Quote from: Fred on August 29, 2012, 12:17:20 AM

Thanks!  I love the way it looks when the sun shines on it!

Absolutely. 

chargerboy69

Quote from: chargerrt on August 28, 2012, 11:31:44 PM

I never get tired of seeing your car.

The color, the wheels, the wing, all amazing.  Definitely in my top five favorite Chargers on the board.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

4aThrill

Before Resto in 2007

GOTWING

blue 70 looks great! :drool5: only thing i would change is to remove the go wing, :Twocents: they look better on 71's IMO. To me it throws off the lines. Just my opinion.

Bob T

Our club had a run out to the local Military Airbase yesterday.
Got to do some skids on the tarmac too  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

375instroke

Big Sugar

Got a few shots from a show this weekend in Edanville Ontario. (Canada)

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Ghoste

Car looks good with the old prop job, most of these kind of pics get done next to jets.  The same with Bobs.

375instroke