News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger grill new or repair

Started by dodgey68, April 10, 2012, 05:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodgey68

hello all
is there some one remanufactureing new 68 grills yet, i read on here that premier plastics did them but goodluck trying to get one, and/or they dont make them any more :shruggy:
or does some on here have a decent one they wana part with,thats needs little repairs??
thank you
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

1974dodgecharger

I saw some on ebay some repro ones, but they cost the grill alone I think ran 800 to 1200 bucks?

bull

Type "Premier Plastics" into the search box here and you'll have plenty to read about. I'd tell you to stay away from them but they're probably no longer doing business anyway.

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on April 10, 2012, 07:35:03 AM
I saw some on ebay some repro ones, but they cost the grill alone I think ran 800 to 1200 bucks?

Reproduction 68 grills? No, there was a guy making 69 center pieces but that run is over. Now he's making fuel filler tubes.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on April 10, 2012, 07:49:43 AM
Reproduction 68 grills? No, there was a guy making 69 center pieces but that run is over. Now he's making fuel filler tubes.

What ever happened to all of them anyhow? I thought that he sold the lot he made to a vendor/3rd party but I don't recall anyone here picking one up or even seeing them listed for sale.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Troy

No reproductions. I have a few originals in good shape that I plan on selling BUT they are NOT at my house at the moment so I can't do anything until they are. I do have a bunch of extra pieces and a complete 69 grill floating around in the garage somewhere. I refuse to ship them complete (done it and it was a nightmare) so hopefully I'll have them before any of the big shows where I can deliver. We shall see...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SnoPro440

I have the 68 center section made by Premier Plastics.  They never sent me the headlight surrounds or doors and it took forever to get the center section.  I had my grill restored because I was sick of waiting.   Maybe I should sell it?  :scratchchin:  Any interest in the center section?
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

bull

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 10, 2012, 09:08:35 AM
Quote from: bull on April 10, 2012, 07:49:43 AM

What ever happened to all of them anyhow? I thought that he sold the lot he made to a vendor/3rd party but I don't recall anyone here picking one up or even seeing them listed for sale.

I did see a couple on Ebay but that's it. I assume they sold them all but if they did they really went fast.

dodgey68

Quote from: Troy on April 10, 2012, 09:26:22 AM
No reproductions. I have a few originals in good shape that I plan on selling BUT they are NOT at my house at the moment so I can't do anything until they are. I do have a bunch of extra pieces and a complete 69 grill floating around in the garage somewhere. I refuse to ship them complete (done it and it was a nightmare) so hopefully I'll have them before any of the big shows where I can deliver. We shall see...

Troy

hey thank you all for ya info, i did do the search on premier plastics, scarey stuff,
i would be interested in a complete or near complete grill, troy,,,,, or the centre section snopro
mind you i live in australia if that is a problem
when all you own is a hammer, every job  resembles a nail.

SnoPro440

If you're interested in the center section, I'll sell it.  It's still in the box all wrapped up.  I'll open it up, take some pics and post'em up this weekend.  For all I know it's just a bunch of garbage in the box. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU