News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need some help on this one.

Started by 7chargers, April 10, 2012, 09:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7chargers

I think I know what most might say but I guess MOPAR fever runs alittle deeper than I thought. My dilema, I have a 69 charger in very nice shape but still needs some things completed to make really nice, plus I found out the cam is bad and the motor will need a rebuild very soon. I have a 68 Coronet 440, 318, all stock and still wears it's orginal paint, interior, have build sheet, and all documentation. I know the 440 model are not worth much but it's just a fun car to drive and has been very reliable while the charger has been on the shelf with the issues listed above. By far the charger is my dream car but the coronet has grown on me, infact I usually dont hang on to stuff long and take pretty hard critisism from friends and family for it but these cars look nice together sitting in the garage so I have been pretty content.  So My wife says to me, I'll make you a deal! You sell the coronet, give me some money from the sale just to put in the savings, dump the remainder in the charger to get all up to snuff and when our new Dodge Journey is paid off in 3 years you can buy a new or used SRT/RT Challenger! Now it might be a no brainer but what should I do, I'm not going to make a ton from the sale of the Coronet but should be enough to do the things I need to , to the charger and I would love to have a new Challenger some day in the garage but the little coronet has a special place in the old ticker too?? :scratchchin: please give me some help on this one it's really eating at me what to do.. The option that has crossed my mine is keep both cars but then the charger will be driven but not to the standard it needs and deserves. I guess it's hard to realize you can always have everything you want exspecially since I dont break the bank for a living. :shruggy: 

Troy

What's that guy on Popeye say about hamburgers? I'll gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today? Don't sell a car now for something you *might* buy 3 years down the road. On the other hand, if you have a written financial plan and that is the best way to make it happen then that's the way to go. But I have my doubts that this is the case because you'll lose more on the Challenger in the first year than you'll make on the Coronet. That's a horrible financial decision no matter what. So we go back to "want" instead of "need". Do you want a Charger with no issues (and a little money in the bank) more than you want two cars? I personally hate dealing with little issues on the cars and I'm leaning more towards fewer cars in better shape than more cars that all require work. That 318 Coronet will probably always be less hassle than the 440 Charger - but you may enjoy the Charger more.

Oh, and I like 68 Coronets and would love to find a nice driver some day. I have my own financial plan though so it would have to fit in there. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

nvrbdn

man, i had a 68 coronet 440 with a 318. 2 door. green. it needed a few things, but it could get up and run for a 318. i had other cars at the time and traded it to a guy for complete body and paint work on my boys firebird. miss that car. :rotz:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

7chargers

man, i had a 68 coronet 440 with a 318. 2 door. green. it needed a few things, but it could get up and run for a 318. i had other cars at the time and traded it to a guy for complete body and paint work on my boys firebird. miss that car.

Yeah that is exactly this car green 2 door, all original and the motor has had some work so it scoots good and sounds even better :brickwall: Like the responses but this is really tugging at me.

nvrbdn

the problem is that the best made plans usually dont always go as smooth as you want. the question here really comes down to if you are willing to sell the coronet in order to throw some cash at the charger. how far is the charger off from cruising? will it be a couple years that will turn into more? can the coronet cruise now? if its down to the charger will be sitting no matter what. and the coronet can get you to a few car cruises through the sumer, im keeping the coronet.  if the charger cruises now and the repairs can be done without shutting the car down for the summer, and you dont mind selling the coronet, then the option is there. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House