News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do you get those shoulder bolts for the front bucket seats? Update w/pics

Started by bull, April 07, 2012, 06:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

The shoulder is 5/8" in diameter and 5/8" deep, the overall length of the bolt is 1 3/4," it's got a thin 3/4" hex head and they're nowhere to be found. I might as well be looking for a unicorn.

I've been able to find something close in an allen socket head, which would be fine, but "close" isn't close enough. Yea, yea, R/T Specialties, no, they don't have it (at least my 20 minute search revealed nothing). Wildcat doesn't have any. I'm probably going to have to make one unless someone here has some idea where to get one.

This one looks right but I bet it's too short overall. They don't give an overall dimension though... http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=11542489

A383Wing

please enlighten me as to where this mysterious bolt goes?  :shruggy:

Bryan

Ghoste

BananaDan

Bull,
If you're talking about the bolts that are used to retain the shoulder belt into the inside roof rail, e-mail this guy.  beewagon69@yahoo.com  He restores belts and I got my set from him.  With his sets he sends complete new and restored H/W as well, so he probably has some of what you're looking for.  He's a great guy, I chatted with him for a while on the phone just shootin' the shit.

Dan
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

A383Wing

what about the bolt that holds the seat belts to the floor? Same bolt? I know it's got a shoulder on it....those I got here...somewhere in a box

Bryan

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

A383Wing

Quote from: BananaDan on April 07, 2012, 08:35:58 PM
On my car (70) they were the same.

yea...mine also...but I tossed both my shoulder belts when we put the car back together.

Bull....if ya need the seat belt bolts, let me know

Bryan

Charger-Bodie

I think Curtis is talking about the bolt that holds the seat back to the seat bottom,where it hinges. If this is the case bull, I dont think they are available new.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

A383Wing

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 07, 2012, 08:40:04 PM
I think Curtis is talking about the bolt that holds the seat back to the seat bottom,where it hinges. If this is the case bull, I dont think they are available new.

that's not above the "B" pillar....that I know of

Ghoste

bull

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 07, 2012, 08:40:04 PM

:yesnod: Brian is correct. Sorry, for the impromptu game of 20 questions.

bull

Ok, these suckers are hard to find. When you can't get them used at all the regular places you know you're screwed.

Anyway, in case someone happens to have some unidentified fasteners laying around and can go through them for me, here's what I need: they're 1 11/16" in overall length, the drive head is 3/4", the shoulder section is 5/8" in diameter and 5/8" deep, and the thread size/pitch is 7/16-14. There's no threads on the bolt for about the first 1/4" or so. They look very similar to a seatbelt bolt so they could easily get mixed in with some and overlooked. Thanks fellas.

bull

Well, necessity is the mother of invention so since I couldn't find these things I got a suggestion to contact a mutual friend and ask if he could make me some. Turns out he had a length of leftover 3/4" hex stock and turned a couple for me on his lathe. Not quite identical to the originals but they'll work just fine. I heat-treated them today just to make sure they won't be bending on me. Not too shabby, eh?

Originals on the right.

Rolling_Thunder

Nice - cutting threads on a lathe sucks...  I've tried a couple times...    takes some practice for sure    :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip