News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

weak spark sometimes?

Started by badass, April 11, 2012, 05:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

badass

Ive been fouling plugs and noticeing a weak colored spark at times, coil should be good Im thinking weak ground somewhere cause sometimes spark looks blue sometimes white, what do you guys think?Im trouble shootin< and how ca you measure the amount of spark? :shruggy:
mopars best **** the rest

Ghoste

I'd still be more suspicious of the coil but I'm sure no electrical expert.

Chryco Psycho

Blue / white is relatively hot , weak is more orange , you can hold the coil wire close to ground & see how far it will jump . Is the engine running poorly ?

badass

runs good when the plugs are clean then thry start to foul and orange / yellow spark seems to come and go Ill check to see how far spark jumps , Carb seems good when plugs are good no hesitation or bog good throttel response then after a couple hrs. gets rougher and black plugs.

W4ATL

If it starts running bad when the engine is hot the coil could be bad. It will start to fail when it is hot. It is cheap to install a new one if you have any doubts on the age or condition.

badass

I've replaced the coil , the plug wires, since this started, cleaned the grounds on the fire wall and it helped sometimes spark looks weak when I ground plug, probably just not grounding on the engine well I'm going to lean down carb maybe that will stop plugs from fouling but it runs so good till the plugs foul , Thanks anyway.