News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2013 SRT Viper Reveal in three Minutes..

Started by Brock Samson, April 04, 2012, 10:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

bakerhillpins

Quote from: gonzoe on April 04, 2012, 11:08:25 AM
WATCHING IT :popcrn:

+1 

Looks sweet. Ill have to show my son James this tonight.. He is a big Viper fan.  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

moparstuart

You can see alot of italian influence in that front end 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Sure can, it looks good though.  Very snakelike.

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:

I think if I squint my eyes just enough I see some Charger door-1/4s lines maybe (in my head).  :lol: :lol:

Indygenerallee

I don't care for it but nothing will replace the 1997 Viper GTS as I loved that one when it came out!!! The front looks like a Lotus, Ferrari and a Vette got together for a threesome the rest from the doghouse back looks great! But not my cup o' tea.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

I just want the engine to put into a 2nd gen charger...is that ok?

Charger4404spd

I like the older ones better. This one is ok, but looks a bit too European for me.

RIDELIKEHELL

Sorry but that is Awesome! Looks like a snake..........
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

BrianShaughnessy

It's a sexy beast...    :drool5:

Just waiting on my powerball numbers to hit  :Twocents: 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

SRT-440

I love it...and I'm not even a big viper fan...has more hints of the mid-90's vipers and thank god they blacked out the crosshair grill.
:2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

Ghoste

I don't like the interior.  Waaay too much going on for my personal vision of the Viper but overall and since it is unlikely I'll ever own one, the only thing that really matters to me is that it kicks ass in competition.

Chryco Psycho

the interior has maps in the cubby holes of the tracks it rules , like Nurburgring for example

TXcharger70

I like it to but can't help to notice that it has some styling ques from the Corvette maybe? what do you guys think. Maybe its the headlights or front of hood.

Brock Samson

the Viper had the NASA duct and exposed headlights not to mention the double bubble hood first..
Though It's waaaay out of my league both financially and in capability - but we were sweating this Gen's intro about 18 mos. ago.

The threads still exist if you want to look them up. But  0-60 in 3 Secs!  :laugh: in the early '70s that was a Can-Am McLaren Stat. I wonder how much it'll shave off the (earlier) Ring's record time..  :scratchchin: The Live Reveal was a lot of fun and exciting to witness.
I've only had one car EVER dog my R/Ts ass - and it was a GTS.  :o

68RT4ME

They just can't seem to get away from that cross hairs grill can they. It's OK but I too like the older ones more.
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Ghoste

We were doomed as soon as they decided we were too stupid to be able to tell a Dodge from a Lada.  Thats when such brand identity measures became needed in the eyes of the marketing department whiz kids so fresh out of school the ink was still wet on their BA's and the buzzwords still rang in their heads.

73rallye440magnum

How come everything in an engine compartment has to have a plastic cover over it anymore?  :eyes:
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

FastbackJon

The front looks italian with a little bit of corvette (headlights), and also kind of like someone you might see lazily walking around with their mouth hanging open.

I think for a snake-car it needs fangs!

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Brock Samson

Well - there's a couple places where Giles say they modeled the front from an actual "viper". I don't know why every thread has to deteriorate into a "why i hate it" thread?..   :shruggy:  :scratchchin:

FastbackJon

Quote from: Brock Samson on April 10, 2012, 07:19:10 PM
I don't know why every thread has to deteriorate into a "why i hate it" thread?..   :shruggy:  :scratchchin:

Maybe your expectation that all replies are going to be subjectively positive when posting anything on a public forum is unrealistic?

I like the back end, it's not bad, looks like the Dart taillights. The third brake light is cool. Interesting little vent holes around the body that look neat, like on the outsides of the taillights, but I would worry about water and dirt getting trapped in them, even when washing the car. And did anyone notice the front marker light placement in front of and next to the front tires? Seems like they would get water and dirt up in there and burn out quickly too.

Also, they raised the price again, what was it $137,000 now?
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Rolling_Thunder

I don't think it looks too bad...   I originally thought it was a vette

I think it looks kinda similar to this

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Indygenerallee

If you squint really hard it looks like any european sports car!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: SRT-440 on April 05, 2012, 08:37:52 AM
I love it...and I'm not even a big viper fan...has more hints of the mid-90's vipers and thank god they blacked out the crosshair grill.
:2thumbs:

Yeah the fact that they black out the crosshair grille these days should be a sign to Chrysler:  We never really liked it (ok it looks good on the Ram trucks)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70