News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to remove my A/C lines.

Started by DREDILSKI, April 02, 2012, 11:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DREDILSKI

(I thought I had a better pic but I will have to get it over the weekend)

Okay, I am breaking down my engine bay and I cant remove these two A/C lines. I have tried loosening them but the line coming from the firewall twists. I tried half a can of WD-40, no luck.

I would like to keep the A/C in the car so if I cut the line from the firewall, can I fix/replace it?

Thanks, DRE   
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Chatt69chgr

You have to hold both sides with wrenches.  Try gently heating the connection with a propane torch and then hit it with WD40 in the hopes it will soak into the threads.  Don't want to mess up the lines going into the heater box.  I think the water lines are separate but I don't think the ac ones are.  And the ac evaporator is complicated and expensive if you mess yours up.  Was not even repoped until a couple of years age.  They can usually be flushed and if pressure tested OK can be reused.  I ran into the same problem but with the correct wrenches and the procedure I outline above was able to get the lines off successfully.

DREDILSKI

I'll try heating it up this weekend. Thanks.
DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Indygenerallee

No, No, No, I have seen how the PROS do it!! (I have had a few that had been removed by PROS!!!) First you get a hacksaw!! Then you grab a beer!! Then you line that one line coming out of firewall with that little do-hicky on it and start sawin'!!! when you get it all sawed off and "removed" throw it in the nearest trash can!!!! And grab a couple more beers (and hopefully you still have all your fingers!!!)  :smilielol:  :D
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

DREDILSKI

DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE

Indygenerallee

Also WD-40 does nothing, use PB Blaster or KROIL, most people think WD-40 is a penetrant instead it is a oil "Water Displacement"
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

DREDILSKI

Finally got a chance to take a better shot of the problem. I have a mini torch and went and bought some PB blaster so I'm heading out to give it a shot while I do everything else.  :popcrn:

DRE - 73' Charger 360 SE