News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building a new hideout for My car , truck and other toys.

Started by Charger-Bodie, April 01, 2012, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

I am off to a decent start already considering its the 1st of april. Here are a couple pics to start off. This is how it sits as of today. Hoping for the framing and roof to be done this week.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

I envy you guys with room to do this kind of stuff :rotz:

Keep us posted on the progress!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

Nothing like a new garage.  :cheers: :cheers:
I have to ask. The name on the pic "herpeslab" :shruggy: Doesn't sound good.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jaak

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NHCharger on April 01, 2012, 07:41:08 PM
Nothing like a new garage.  :cheers: :cheers:
I have to ask. The name on the pic "herpeslab" :shruggy: Doesn't sound good.

LOL your right that does sound bad.
Quote from: jaak on April 01, 2012, 07:44:44 PM
Congrats! What size are you building it?

Jason

30 wide x 40 deep. 13.5 tall including block and vaulted ceilings for some extra headroom. I will eventually put in a loft.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

jaak

Cool, mine is 32 wide, 40 deep, but I wish I had taller ceilings, mine is only 8'.

Keep us posted,
Jason

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I have a 34 w x 26 d structure I am thinking about cutting the back wall clear and making 40' 

Of course, the county wants their $$$$ for special permits, etc. :brickwall:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Indygenerallee

Sweet! I have a 40x64 14' ceilings, gotta love a new garage!!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 01, 2012, 11:49:51 PM

This ones just for toys. The wifes Garage is 18x20 (old) 1 1/2 car. ....and My shop is 80x60.

Budnicks

:2thumbs: Nice start, nice pad/slab & trusses, it should be a great man cave when done...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

xs29j8Bullitt

Looking good Brian... looks like a nice area too.   :popcrn:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

bill440rt

Sa-WEET, Brian!!  :cheers:
Can't wait to see pics of the progress!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 01, 2012, 11:49:51 PM

I'd love to have 40x64 with a 14' ceiling. I'm doing good to get the 28x44 with 12' ceilings that I'm building. See my birdnest thread.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69 OUR/TEA

Nice looking building going up Brian !!!! Make sure there is running water out there,cable/sat TV,heat,fridge,couches,etc.  :D

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 02, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Nice looking building going up Brian !!!! Make sure there is running water out there,cable/sat TV,heat,fridge,couches,etc.  :D

It will have all of that except water.

Heres where its at today,after 3 days of work.

NHCharger

Nice. Having a Lull at your disposal really helps speed things along. Especially the roofing.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

PocketThunder

I love new garages....

Are those blocks on the floor holding up the angle bracing to the walls glued down or nailed down?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 07, 2012, 09:22:11 PM
I love new garages....

Are those blocks on the floor holding up the angle bracing to the walls glued down or nailed down?

They are screwed down and the holes will be filled with epoxy after they are removed.

RIDELIKEHELL

Are those cathedral trusses? I went with the coffered over those but I'm not sure if I made the right choice. Looking good!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

twodko

I would love to have water plumbed to my shop even without a throne. Just curious, do you have plans to get water to your new digs?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 08, 2012, 10:59:40 AM
Are those cathedral trusses? I went with the coffered over those but I'm not sure if I made the right choice. Looking good!

Yes they are. I actually was going to go with the same as yours, but these were 500. cheaper.
Quote from: twodko on April 08, 2012, 11:33:20 AM
I would love to have water plumbed to my shop even without a throne. Just curious, do you have plans to get water to your new digs?

No water, just don't like washing old cars anyway. Ive got the shop if I want to wash an everyday vehicle. I just decided it wasn't worth the expense,,in my particular situation.

Budnicks

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 07, 2012, 08:45:16 AM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 02, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Nice looking building going up Brian !!!! Make sure there is running water out there,cable/sat TV,heat,fridge,couches,etc.  :D

It will have all of that except water.

Heres where its at today,after 3 days of work.
It's coming along nicely...Keep up the good work...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks