News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Building a new hideout for My car , truck and other toys.

Started by Charger-Bodie, April 01, 2012, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

I am off to a decent start already considering its the 1st of april. Here are a couple pics to start off. This is how it sits as of today. Hoping for the framing and roof to be done this week.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Just 6T9 CHGR

I envy you guys with room to do this kind of stuff :rotz:

Keep us posted on the progress!  :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NHCharger

Nothing like a new garage.  :cheers: :cheers:
I have to ask. The name on the pic "herpeslab" :shruggy: Doesn't sound good.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

jaak

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NHCharger on April 01, 2012, 07:41:08 PM
Nothing like a new garage.  :cheers: :cheers:
I have to ask. The name on the pic "herpeslab" :shruggy: Doesn't sound good.

LOL your right that does sound bad.
Quote from: jaak on April 01, 2012, 07:44:44 PM
Congrats! What size are you building it?

Jason

30 wide x 40 deep. 13.5 tall including block and vaulted ceilings for some extra headroom. I will eventually put in a loft.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

jaak

Cool, mine is 32 wide, 40 deep, but I wish I had taller ceilings, mine is only 8'.

Keep us posted,
Jason

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I have a 34 w x 26 d structure I am thinking about cutting the back wall clear and making 40' 

Of course, the county wants their $$$$ for special permits, etc. :brickwall:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Indygenerallee

Sweet! I have a 40x64 14' ceilings, gotta love a new garage!!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 01, 2012, 11:49:51 PM

This ones just for toys. The wifes Garage is 18x20 (old) 1 1/2 car. ....and My shop is 80x60.

Budnicks

:2thumbs: Nice start, nice pad/slab & trusses, it should be a great man cave when done...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

xs29j8Bullitt

Looking good Brian... looks like a nice area too.   :popcrn:
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

bill440rt

Sa-WEET, Brian!!  :cheers:
Can't wait to see pics of the progress!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

Hemi Runner

Quote from: Indygenerallee on April 01, 2012, 11:49:51 PM

I'd love to have 40x64 with a 14' ceiling. I'm doing good to get the 28x44 with 12' ceilings that I'm building. See my birdnest thread.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69 OUR/TEA

Nice looking building going up Brian !!!! Make sure there is running water out there,cable/sat TV,heat,fridge,couches,etc.  :D

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 02, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Nice looking building going up Brian !!!! Make sure there is running water out there,cable/sat TV,heat,fridge,couches,etc.  :D

It will have all of that except water.

Heres where its at today,after 3 days of work.

NHCharger

Nice. Having a Lull at your disposal really helps speed things along. Especially the roofing.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

PocketThunder

I love new garages....

Are those blocks on the floor holding up the angle bracing to the walls glued down or nailed down?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 07, 2012, 09:22:11 PM
I love new garages....

Are those blocks on the floor holding up the angle bracing to the walls glued down or nailed down?

They are screwed down and the holes will be filled with epoxy after they are removed.

RIDELIKEHELL

Are those cathedral trusses? I went with the coffered over those but I'm not sure if I made the right choice. Looking good!
AMD POSTER BOY

twodko

I would love to have water plumbed to my shop even without a throne. Just curious, do you have plans to get water to your new digs?
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 08, 2012, 10:59:40 AM
Are those cathedral trusses? I went with the coffered over those but I'm not sure if I made the right choice. Looking good!

Yes they are. I actually was going to go with the same as yours, but these were 500. cheaper.
Quote from: twodko on April 08, 2012, 11:33:20 AM
I would love to have water plumbed to my shop even without a throne. Just curious, do you have plans to get water to your new digs?

No water, just don't like washing old cars anyway. Ive got the shop if I want to wash an everyday vehicle. I just decided it wasn't worth the expense,,in my particular situation.

Budnicks

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 07, 2012, 08:45:16 AM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on April 02, 2012, 11:09:22 AM
Nice looking building going up Brian !!!! Make sure there is running water out there,cable/sat TV,heat,fridge,couches,etc.  :D

It will have all of that except water.

Heres where its at today,after 3 days of work.
It's coming along nicely...Keep up the good work...

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on April 08, 2012, 12:01:43 PM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on April 08, 2012, 10:59:40 AM

Yes they are. I actually was going to go with the same as yours, but these were 500. cheaper

In hindsight I should of went with the cathedral as my attic isn't really usable with the blown in insulation up there. I plan on using it as storage for something after I make the space usable up there.
AMD POSTER BOY

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Charger-Bodie

Thanks guys!

Another update.

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bakerhillpins

Quote from: PocketThunder on April 12, 2012, 08:38:30 AM
11' sidewall?  nice!

I was wondering how tall that was but didn't want to do the scaled math on the door openings.   :2thumbs:

That is one nice shack you got going up there.  :yesnod:  Bet it will be nice when you no longer need to worry about backing up tight to the back wall in order to get the garage door down.  :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger-Bodie

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

72Charger-SE

Great Garage Brian.  Will it have temp controls?  It gets cold in these here parts ....   Brrrrr....    

I have a 30'x30' with 10' foot ceilings and a loft above.  It is fully insulated with a heater.. no a/c... but it stays relatively cool in the summer with the insulation.  It is where I am doing all work on the Charger and eventually the home of the Charger when it needs a home after being driven.  

What toys do you all have?  Do you still have the '68 Charger we got pulled over in while cruising Decorah?  That was a bad night...  My dad had to come to the police station and get me...  on the way he got pulled over and ticketed for speeding...  he was ticked!  The rest... shall we say... is 'private'... ;)  but I was a bit restricted on sitting down for a few 'days'...  

I Love My Dad!  He disciplined when I needed it... and I definitely deserved everything I got!

Thanks Dad!

72Charger-SE

TUFCAT

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 72Charger-SE on April 12, 2012, 10:37:56 AM
Is Kris building it?  B&K?  Barness?

Yes. Barness is just the perfectionist I needed. And he is not failing to impress.

72Charger-SE

Tell him 'Hi' from me...  Yes, he is a pefectionist!  I'll have to get over to Waukon and see the shop and your new garage when it is done!

Finn

SWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!! Please tell me there will be a lift.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Finn on April 12, 2012, 03:17:43 PM
SWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!! Please tell me there will be a lift.

Just as soon as as I can buy one.

moparstuart

can you hurry up I have a couple cars i need to get inside , I'm headed your way   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on April 12, 2012, 03:36:47 PM
can you hurry up I have a couple cars i need to get inside , I'm headed your way   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Its already going too fast. The excitment will be over too soon.

Budnicks

It looks like it's going very well, I wish you the best of luck with the project, they are never big enough it seems, or maybe that's just me...

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Budnicks on April 12, 2012, 03:43:52 PM
It looks like it's going very well, I wish you the best of luck with the project, they are never big enough it seems, or maybe that's just me...

Its 30x40 and thats as big as the city would allow,without jumping thru the variant hoops. You are definately not alone with the never big enuf thing. They never are.

twodko

Might be cool to have a small hanger space where you could have a plush home upstairs and on the hanger floor..........Mopar fantasy island! :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

The roof is done with the exception of the ridge vent and cap.

This pic is taken from the only place on my property where the roof can be seen.  ;)

Just 6T9 CHGR

man they arent playing around out there!  That was fast!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

twodko

If I can find their website, I'm post it up here. This company makes weather vanes and has/had one that said MOPAR for the vane. That would look great on a small cupola for your shop.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: twodko on April 13, 2012, 11:29:57 AM
If I can find their website, I'm post it up here. This company makes weather vanes and has/had one that said MOPAR for the vane. That would look great on a small cupola for your shop.

I'm interested in that too...  That would be cool  :yesnod:

Are you using T111 for siding?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: bakerhillpins on April 13, 2012, 12:51:23 PM
Quote from: twodko on April 13, 2012, 11:29:57 AM

I'm interested in that too...  That would be cool  :yesnod:

Are you using T111 for siding?

Yes on thw t-111. I would like to eventuall like to brick it to match the house and other garage, so I thought the t-111 would look good until I can afford to do it. It will be stained a reddish brown until that time.

taxspeaker

Try this epoxy we did on the floor-we love it

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: taxspeaker on April 13, 2012, 08:40:58 PM

Ive got a while before needing to do that ,but I will keep it in mind.

They got the soffit and facia done today.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: taxspeaker on April 13, 2012, 08:40:58 PM

Are the MOPAR banners painted on the floor or are they a banner?
AMD POSTER BOY

Budnicks

Charger-Bodie

and for today we have half the ceiling insulated and tinned.

Budnicks

Charger-Bodie

Getting pretty close to done. Kris finished his part last week, so it was time for me to do my part. Got the insulation and plastic done and taped last friday night and then started pre-painting the osb. tuesday night My dad and I finshed the sheeting and yesterday my Mom and I rolled on another coat of white paint to cover the srews and just to brighten it up some more. Here are some more crappy pics from my phone:

Tommorow the electrical will begin. One week and one day until the Grad party which is what Im trying to get it finished for .

nvrbdn

great build. a buddy of mine built a garage like this and put the loft in with a staircase at the far end. then he took a winch and cut a square out of the floor of the loft and hooked a winch to the plywood square and the rafters. the pushbutton controls are down on the lower level. that way he moves all his stuff up there by pushing a button. its areally cool operation. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

PocketThunder

Charger-Bodie

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69_500

Brian, might be giving you a shout on the phone about this garage build. Will be looking into doing one the same size this summer but with doors on the 40' side.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69_500 on May 05, 2012, 09:06:01 PM
Brian, might be giving you a shout on the phone about this garage build. Will be looking into doing one the same size this summer but with doors on the 40' side.

Sounds good Danny.

Here are some pics from yesterday. My Dad and I got the Rough sawn pine tim installed.

Budnicks

Charger-Bodie

Charger-Bodie

and one more with my next project. A 69 charger that I want to do something similar to the Deathproof car. Something not over the top so that I can drive it daily in the spring and summer months.

69 OUR/TEA

Looking good !!!!! :cheers: The fun of decorating it all up on the inside !!

DC_1

moparstuart

ok i got a car i need to store inside and you got plenty of room

Budnicks

Great space, looks nice, good luck with the kind-of "Death Proof" Charger project

RIDELIKEHELL

Awesome wall art Brian :cheers: I really dig the high ceiling and big doors!
AMD POSTER BOY

Just 6T9 CHGR

Wow the outside came out great.  The inside as well....

Another '69 huh?  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 30, 2012, 05:06:14 PM

was a daytona  :yesnod:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on May 30, 2012, 08:57:42 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 30, 2012, 05:06:14 PM

was a daytona  :yesnod:

No. It was GOING to be, but the previous owner bailed. Im going to sell off the Janek kit and other 70 stuff including the vega hatch.