News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classic Charger promotional items

Started by Ghoste, April 01, 2012, 12:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Beyond the usual plastic models and so forth, were there any other Charger specific promotional items from about 66-71?  By promo items I mean mugs or ice scrapers or whatever.  Not new stuff, not aftermarket stuff, not Scat Pack stuff, not the Eldon slot car sets, not tv, radio or print ads but other Charger specific promotional items.

jaak

I know back in the late 60s, early 70s, Avon used to put there colognes in a car shaped bottle. My Grandfather had quite a few of them (when I was a kid), and although he didn't have one, I saw a pic online somewhere of one shaped like a 69 Daytona.

Found a pic on Google images...

Jason

A383Wing

I got about 3 or 4 of those Avon Daytona's....one is still full

Bryan

Ghoste

Those are aftermarket though.  There's all kinds of that stuff, I'm talking about promotional items from Dodge that would have been handed out at the dealership.

A383Wing

ah...my boss has picked up one of the "Dodge White Hats" that the dealers had back then....not sure what he paid

Bryan

doctor4766

Quote from: jaak on April 01, 2012, 04:42:41 PM
I know back in the late 60s, early 70s, Avon used to put there colognes in a car shaped bottle. My Grandfather had quite a few of them (when I was a kid), and although he didn't have one, I saw a pic online somewhere of one shaped like a 69 Daytona.

Found a pic on Google images...

Jason
Wow, I just got one of those off ebay recently.
Didn't realise it was that old.
The box is mint too!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/220943614273?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Gotta love a '69