News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Year One Exclusives

Started by 66FBCharger, March 29, 2012, 10:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

What does Year One sell for our Mopars that you can only buy through them? I know the dash wiring harnesses are only available through Year One.
The reason I ask is if I can only get a certain part through Y.O. I will wait until they have a 25% or 30% off sale.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Ghoste

To my knowledge, the wiring harnesses are the only ones currently.  They have had a few in the past but I dont think that is the case any longer.

66FBCharger

Ghoste,
Thanks. Do you know which harnesses are exclusive? I would guess in addition to the dash harness, it would be the body/taillight harness and the headlight harness. I know that Evans makes engine harnesses.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

Ghoste

They are exclusive supplier for harnesses made by M&H which are an excellent top shelf reproduction.  Nearly identical.  For a long time M&H were the only game in town for us and on some wiring harneses they still are.  Evans stepped into the breach to do some that M&H didn't do and has expanded steadily since.  His are also impeccable quality.  Neither M&H nor YO have the exclusive on MAKING the harnesses, its just that they are the only ones offering some of them.  For that matter, some of the ones Bill makes, he can claim the same thing.

Budnicks

The biggest problem with waiting for a sales discount is most all of the better stuff from Year One is DISCOUNT EXEMPT, were you can't use promo codes or discounts, well at least it seems that way, when I get a discount code or card in the mail, but when ever I need anything, it's always seem to be Discount Exempt
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ghoste

I've noticed that particular sales "incentive" a lot lately too.  They follow a lot of these websites you would think seeing the same complaints over and over would change them.  I do recall one of their reps has a killer 71 Charger RT and he might be the one that was in the big battle on Moparts a couple or three years ago defending their shipping policies.

Musicman

Quote from: Budnicks on March 29, 2012, 04:45:08 PM
The biggest problem with waiting for a sales discount is most all of the better stuff from Year One is DISCOUNT EXEMPT, were you can't use promo codes or discounts, well at least it seems that way, when I get a discount code or card in the mail, but when ever I need anything, it's always seem to be Discount Exempt

I'll second that... and it's not just Year One either, several vendors have taken up the same practice... it's just bait.

BananaDan

I have Bill Evans harnesses on my car head to toe, except for the tail light and dash harnesses.  As of last year, those were the only two he didn't make.  I got them from Y1 on a 30% day and they are excellent harnesses as well.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Ghoste

Year One are offering Evans harnesses now?  I never knew that, I assume they differentiate them from the M&H ones somehow in the catalog?

gtx6970

Quote from: Ghoste on March 30, 2012, 05:56:15 AM
Year One are offering Evans harnesses now?  I never knew that, I assume they differentiate them from the M&H ones somehow in the catalog?

not that i'm aware of .

as far as I know Years One carries M+H exlusivly for mopar wiring

Ghoste

I took a look at their site this morning and didn't see anything like that either.  Dan are you sure you got Evans Harnesses through YO?

Budnicks

I do have a M&H harness 68 b-body engine bay harness, for C-E-I, with a ton of stuff added to it, by me in my 68 RR, I added an extra fuse box & switch panel for power supply for a bunch of relays, for dual electric fans, electric fuel & water pumps & other electronics, it was originally from from Year One, it was great, fit very well, was of great quality, I ended up taking it all apart/un-wraping it & re-routed/re-wrapped all of the wiring stuff, to look & fit better for my particular systems, it's a great harness for the money...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks