News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Boss 429 close call to a F3 Tornado ??????

Started by hemi24, May 28, 2012, 03:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SBP-Dy8_II

Well last weekend we had a tornado come within 1/8 mile of my house to damn close but i talked to my neighbor who's dad owns a real 1969 BOSS 429 that's almost finished restoring  that tornado got within 1/4 mile of him the kicker is he don't have it insured !!!
The cars worth $200,000 so i told him  i would ask around who the best classic insurance company  to go with i say its time to insure that high priced ford... :eek2:

bull

Going without insurance on a classic is just plain stupid in any case, and 10X more stupid for someone living in tornado alley. Sounds like he needs a slap in the face too. :slap:

69bronzeT5

That's crazy. I have insurance on all my vehicles. Whether it be plated insurance or storage insurance.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Fred

That's just crazy. Insurance is a must.  :slap: :slap:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Dodge Don

And here I thought I'd see a video of a 429 Boss outrunning a tornado....yes insurance is a must.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bull on May 28, 2012, 07:40:31 PM
Going without insurance on a classic is just plain stupid in any case, and 10X more stupid for someone living in tornado alley. Sounds like he needs a slap in the face too. :slap:

This is so true because you never know what might happen. Also, if the wrong person knows of the car's whereabouts they may decide they want rare & valuable parts from it. A friend of mine has a real 69-1/2 Super Bee without insurance. It's a pretty solid project that he's gathered many, many NOS parts for over the years. I had assumed he insured it, but one day we were talking about classic insurance & how I had insurance on a major project car that didn't run.

I asked him about his car & the reply shocked me, "No, I didn't think anyone would insure a project car."

His NOS parts stash & the six pak related stuff is worth more then a lot of cars. I tried for years to get this guy to insure it for at least what he paid for it, but he just won't listen. Knowing him for over 20+ years, I'd be willing to bet that if something did happen he'd be in total disbelief.  :eyes:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

SRT-440

Quote from: Dodge Don on May 29, 2012, 05:59:36 AM
And here I thought I'd see a video of a 429 Boss outrunning a tornado....yes insurance is a must.

Me too...kinda disappointed. LOL.
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

John_Kunkel

If that Shotgun Mustang is red he should be more worried about ME stealing it than any tornado.  :icon_smile_big:
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemi24

Cooter

Been my experience that many insurance companies will not insure a vehicle that isn't complete, or even running.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Cooter on May 30, 2012, 06:32:16 AM
Been my experience that many insurance companies will not insure a vehicle that isn't complete, or even running.

Hagerty will. Ive had them through many projects.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

:icon_smile_question: Mine's been insured through Hagerty since I bought it. From the get-go I've sent them dozens of photos of all stages of the restoration (including pics of it completely dismantled) and during all that time we've bumped the value up over and over again. I think it's insured for $40k right now and the engine ran only once since I bought it.

TUFCAT

There's no footage of a Mustang so I don't really understand this thread "Boss 429 verses a F3 Tornado"  :scratchchin:

F8-4life

nobody else read this a boss 429 vs olds toranado

mauve66

hagerty will do an appraised value or an agreed value, if the car is done you need an appraised value to really protect it.  the agreed value will be less usually, since you don't have the appraisel but you can still be protected to a certain extent
state farm used to charge me $50 per month, hagerty is only about $170 per year for only $9K agreed value, they've never even seen the car
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

bull

Quote from: F8-4life on May 31, 2012, 02:31:41 PM
nobody else read this a boss 429 vs olds toranado

No because, well, we looked at the words.

TUFCAT

I still don't understand how the tornado footage and thread title make any sense ("vs a Boss 429") ?  Anyone..?  Bueller?

nvrbdn

:smilielol:  .....   bueller?..............bueller?.......... :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Cooter

Well, I took it as Tornado Vs Boss 429 As if a tornado hits, how well will the car stand up Vs the Tornado..But then again, that's just me.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bill440rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 30, 2012, 08:11:20 AM

Hagerty will. Ive had them through many projects.

Quote from: bull on May 30, 2012, 07:51:34 PM

:icon_smile_question: Mine's been insured through Hagerty since I bought it. From the get-go I've sent them dozens of photos of all stages of the restoration (including pics of it completely dismantled) and during all that time we've bumped the value up over and over again. I think it's insured for $40k right now and the engine ran only once since I bought it.

Same here. American Collector's, though. Had my then rolling shell of a '69 insured, liability & comp only as there was no sense in having collision at that time. Upped the value as the project progressed, then full coverage with collision upon completion. They were excellent throughout the whole thing.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce