News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Another good car day - Yenko

Started by TK73, May 08, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TK73

On transport to auction.  Driver did not know if it is real... I don't know what to look for...

4 speed
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

TK73

TK73

Indygenerallee

Too bad im not a Chevy guy, granted the car is nicer than a new Camaro but it just does nothing for me..
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

tan top

something about that shape Camero i've always loved :yesnod: :drool5: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

rt green

thats nice. dont care if its real.
third string oil changer

J-440

Thought Yenko's had aluminum heads?
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

mrsskip68

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:  I get impression from Chevy buddies they are way easy to fake/rebody with some common body traits to Z28s (like a torque box or second exhaust mount for duels on a dodge). :Twocents:  Looks nice in photos (ok for a Chevy).

Budnicks

I would park it my garage any day, love the 1st gen. Camaro, had quite a few...Nice car real or not
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Aero426

Probably a clone considering it is riding on an open semi hauler and the low rent generic tires.    Pretty car.

74bluecharger440

When I go to the show and shines for all the charities and stuff I do tend to look real hard at the GTOs, and the cameros, also the El caminos. I really love the whole era of muscle cars .I've owned so many and wonder now, why I even sold them .Lots of chevelles and cutlasses,then the dodge van(shaggin wagon 318 with a stick),hooked me when I was 20 working in the oil patch in Grande Prairie Alberta . It got me interested in the dodge MOPAR thing.I am  not someone who will walk past a nice chev or even ford muscle without a good look ,I just appreciate the fact that I am now lucky or smart enough to own something that if I get my kid at school in the charger ( and that is a rare thing) they don't look at the BMWs,or Mercedes, they walk past them and stop at mine  and  say WOW.And how could they not, what a big ass long car, and when I start it  up the heads turn...THATS WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT THE SHIT EATING GRIN OF YOUTH THAT I GET DRIVING THE BEAST.

69finder

There's a 'magic' number on the driver side pillar.  :)

In any case, gorgeous car, would NOT kick it out of the garage for being a tribute (I like that word better than 'fake').

maxwellwedge

greenpigs

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 10, 2012, 07:52:39 PM
Quote from: J-440 on May 09, 2012, 07:40:01 PM

Don't think so.

Some did, but to say they all had aluminum heads would be a stretch. I think it depended on what base model Yenko used..396\350 HP or 396\375 HP or if the buyer upgraded to the aluminum heads.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Budnicks

Quote from: 69finder on May 10, 2012, 07:44:55 PM
There's a 'magic' number on the driver side pillar.  :)

In any case, gorgeous car, would NOT kick it out of the garage for being a tribute (I like that word better than 'fake').
:2thumbs: or clone  :2thumbs:

maxwellwedge

Quote from: greenpigs on May 11, 2012, 02:41:19 AM

Don't think so.

Some did, but to say they all had aluminum heads would be a stretch. I think it depended on what base model Yenko used..396\350 HP or 396\375 HP or if the buyer upgraded to the aluminum heads.

All the 69 Yenko's used the Factory COPO 9561 code and were all L72 427 425hp holly 800CFM 4-bbl carb, mech cam, big port cast iron heads. 11:1cr. 4 bolt main, forged tuftrided crank, forged pistons, alum high rise intake manifold.

Budnicks

Quote from: maxwellwedge on May 12, 2012, 04:54:15 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on May 11, 2012, 02:41:19 AM

Don't think so.

All the 69 Yenko's used the Factory COPO 9561 code and were all L72 427 425hp holly 800CFM 4-bbl carb, mech cam, big port cast iron heads. 11:1cr. 4 bolt main, forged tuftrided crank, forged pistons, alum high rise intake manifold.

I think that's spot on, I'm pretty sure the only Aluminum Heads in 1969, either a rare Central Office Production Order {COPO} or installed from the factory were on rare ZL-1's an "all aluminum" block & heads 427ci engines & the L-88 427ci Corvette aluminum headed "rectangle port" on an iron 4 bolt block in 1969 & there were also some rare Baldwin Motion Motors Cars equipped that way too, I could be mistaken, but that's what I remember anyway... Yenko; Nova's, Chevelle's & Camaro's had the open chamber "Rectangle port iron head" 427ci 4bolt main engines

bull

It says Yenko right on the side so it has to be real.

Putman

Quote from: Aero426 on May 10, 2012, 04:14:09 PM
Probably a clone considering it is riding on an open semi hauler and the low rent generic tires.    Pretty car.

You got to remember the owner is a Chevy guy, they are always "cheap people" he wouldn't going to pitch the extra change for an enclosed. Lol