News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Pretty cool article on the making of Bullitt

Started by hatersaurusrex, March 27, 2012, 10:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Laxy

That was an awesome read, thanks. I feel like I've read countless magazine articles on Bullitt but there's always some details that are news to me!
71 Valiant VH Hardtop 265 Hemi 4-speed, 71 VH Valiant Charger R/T Replica 360 4-speed, 68 Dodge Charger 440/727.

Kern Dog

I liked the part about how the Mustang had to be fortified, yet still was falling apart and barely driveable! The relatively stock Charger kept on running .....

Drache

QuoteWarner Brothers purchased two four-speed Dodge Chargers... "at a Chrysler dealership in Glendale California," recalls Ron Riner. He also said the Dodge Chargers had to be purchased without promotional consideration, but after the success of the movie and the increase in Charger sales, Chrysler was more than willing to be generous with their vehicles to Warner Brothers for future projects. Mr. Riner posed an interesting premise: "did you realize that there wouldn't be an 01 car (the General Lee in Dukes of Hazzard) if we hadn't done BULLITT and Dodge hadn't sold so many Chargers?"

Interesting!

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on March 28, 2012, 01:31:59 AM
I liked the part about how the Mustang had to be fortified, yet still was falling apart and barely driveable! The relatively stock Charger kept on running .....

stock Charger?  :icon_smile_big:

"To shore up the front, Balchowsky revised the torsion bars, beefed up the control arms and added heavy duty shocks.... For the rear end, Balchowsky told us, "I got some special rear springs, what you call a high spring rate, a flat without any arch in it, and using that spring the car would stay low.... We had to weld reinforcements under the arms and stuff on the Dodge"
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Neal_J

68 Bullitt Charger

That was great reading, a great Thread and Thanks. :2thumbs:  Joe NY
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!

hatersaurusrex

Yeah I just wonder if the Mustang guys are on the other side of the fence when reading about Bullitt :)

hatersaurusrex

Actually I think my favorite quote was this:

"The Dodge, which was practically stock, just left the Mustang like you wouldn't believe."

:) :) :P

68 Bullitt Charger

I liked when he said "they did all kind's of work on the Mustang and the Charger needed almost nothing under the hood!!!"

That Mustang had NO chance in Hell to catch or pass that Charger IMO.
Some of the Mopar Ride's in Stable.....
58 Pymouth Fury "Christine"
65 Ply Satellite 9.43@141 mph
58 Ply Fury "Christine"
64 40th anniv 880 Custom 383 Pwr Everything!

I'd rather be hated for the person I am, than be loved for the person I am not!!!!!!