News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

install the heater box or no?

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, April 16, 2012, 12:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

im putting the car back together. im kinda on the fence of weather i should just leave the entire heater box out of the car or not. only reason i may need it is to get some fog off the windshield on a cool night. has anyone done this and have any feedback?

nh_mopar_fan

This is going to sound stupid but do they have safety inspections in your state?

Here in NH, if the shop wants to nitpick, they will fail you for no heater box because of the window fogging issue.

My inspection guy mentioned it to me when I was getting my wife's Valiant ragtop inspected and I hadn't got the box installed yet.

charger490

i am in the prosse of having mine done now.

Brightyellow69rtse

all they ever did was a vin check :) its pretty awesome

billschroeder5842

Well, if you ever go to sell the car, it might lower your value. I know that I'd like my car to have all the heater controls present and working.
Texas Proud!

Brightyellow69rtse

oh yeah im not ever gonna get rid of the box. its not really a huge deal to put it back in. im still up in the air about it. i gotta weld in a new mounting stud that broke off when i removed it. chances are ill put it back in just so i dont have to store it.