News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who has done a 4 speed conversion and how long does it take?

Started by AKcharger, March 25, 2012, 12:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MORFF

I have a 383 big block from 1969 came with auto tranny but i dont have it. I want to do the same thing make mine a 4 speed tranny, my engine is forged crank any issues for me you guys think. Do I have to balance my engine internally for a manual? thanks AKcharger sorry for adding to your post but I want to do same thing as you did not want to add another post if we wanted to do same thing.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Rolling_Thunder

MORFF -  Forged crank 383s use a neutral balance flywheel. You should be able to bolt on and go without any issues.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

MORFF

ROLLING_THUNDER thank you sir  you just made my day my brother-in-law found a tranny for me just need to find all the z-bars and extra stuff nice thanks again.
Mike O
A.K.A Dirty O

Semper Fi

Rolling_Thunder

Brewers, Passon, and Classic Industries carries everything you need -  Classic Industries currently has a 20% off sale -
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chryco Psycho

I have done a few conversions in 1 long day , approx 16 hrs , two days is easy if you have everything ready

AKcharger

Hi guys

Project is moving along, I scored a complete 4 speed console that that solves the trim issues. Target date in late Sept/early Oct. Right now I'm getting all the parts ready and will drive car from storge to pals house, leave it there while we do the conversion over a few weekends then back into storage, can't wait!