News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Traction bars

Started by randy73, July 03, 2012, 03:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

randy73

Since I can't find performance leaf springs for my 73, thought I would look into traction bars.

Is there any benefit of using traction bars on my 340/A518 3.23 open car?

Ghoste

Are you experiencing wheel hop with it?  A pinion snubber usually works better with the Mopars and is less visible.

Cooter

Quote from: randy73 on July 03, 2012, 03:11:43 PM
Since I can't find performance leaf springs for my 73, thought I would look into traction bars.

Is there any benefit of using traction bars on my 340/A518 3.23 open car?

Although this gets into some wierd science, but I have seen a properly set up "open" rear that leaves two black marks upon take off every time with Air bags.

Properly set up, you can preload the "Weak" side and get the same traction as a Sure Grip with only an open rear. Yes, Traction bars do help, but are not the only thing needed.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

randy73

I am not experiencing whell hop, yet.

I am swapping trany's and rebuilding my suspension and I would like to add them now if they will help.

Ghoste

My vote would still be the snubber.  Cheap and effective, get the threaded version though so you can adjust where you want.

John_Kunkel

If you're going to use traction bars, stay away from "slap bars"...Caltracs would be a better choice.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Ghoste

Better?  Possibly even best.  More money but a very effective system.