News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what type of black paint do you use on suspension and rear end parts?

Started by bugsydog, March 23, 2012, 09:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugsydog

what type of black paint do you use on suspension and rear end? i got the rear end back from the shop and it need to be painted and wanted to know what type of paint to use on it and the front k member/suspension also?

mopar0166

JT01

The70RT

Eastwoods Chassis Black. You can put it in your paint sprayer or brush it on.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

73rallye440magnum

Quote from: The70RT on March 23, 2012, 10:33:41 AM
Eastwoods Chassis Black. You can put it in your paint sprayer or brush it on.

Is it catalyzed?
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Back N Black

CDN72SE

I used Eastwood's Extreme Chassis Black right out of the spraycan, goes on nicely and seems pretty tough.
1972 Charger SE

chargersb71

Not to hijack the thread or anything.  But what would you use on a set of new leaf springs clear coat or your favorite rattle can color?  I did sand and paint my axle in VHT gloss black.

dangina

gtx6970

Gloss back single stage enamel with a gun, dulled maybe 15-20% give or take a bit ,, no hardener

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bill440rt

I've used everything from auto urethanes out of a gun with a flattening agent to rattle can spray bombs.
Hi-grade urethanes or enamels are best, even cheaper lower line acrylic enamels are a good choice.

If I were to use a spray bomb, the Eastwood Chassis Black is good stuff. It's a epoxy paint so it sticks well & is durable. I don't like to use it on underhood items, I just didn't like the way it looked after a while. If you compare it to other blacks, it looks "browner". For a rear housing it would do fine.   
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70-500-SE-EXPORT

68 Charger original SS1 paint with matching # 383hp

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

383_68charger

I got my housing powder coated when I had it all apart along with all my other parts like K frame,control arms, transmission cross member, etc.Back when everthing was all apart.Then painted it all with urathene black to give it a shine.The only reason i got it all power coated is because it was free for me at the time so I took advantage of it while I could.

resq302

Krylon Semi Flat 1613 or the new Kryal Dual (paint/primer in 1) Satin black paint.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto