News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock 75cc E-Street big block head

Started by heyoldguy, March 07, 2012, 09:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhinders

Ok, so my understanding of the whole alu/iron head thing is that there is no evidence of the "fact" that alu-heads will support higher compression?
There are some other significantly more important factors than material in the heads when it comes to max possible cylinder pressure?
Did I get it right?
Martin
Dodge Charger 1967, 512 cui, E85, MegaSquirt MS3X sequential ignition and injection

heyoldguy

Yeah, that is the way I kinda understand it, like combustion chamber shape, types of fuel, engine temperature and probably things of which I know nothing. But we all better keep open minds, the earth used to be flat.

Budnicks

Unfortunately the the NEW; E-Street Chrysler 440 Aluminum Big Block Wedge heads #5090 w/75cc combustion chamber heads, they look like a great head for low compression short blocks or to make higher compression, especially buy the advertised specs, but they won't be cheap & won't be available to the public for another 60 or so days, because of extra machining & retooling not originally forseen, At least they are 100% american Made... I got off the phone after an hour & a half long conversation, with some of tech guys at Edelbrock earlier today, they say, "the price isn't set yet" but they will be more like the price of RPM's cost $1470 complete for a pair, than the Stealth's $980 for a pair, I told them "if they want to attract some more of the market share "including me", to price them closer to the Stealth's price range, instead of the RPM's higher costs"... The E-Street #5093 w/84cc combustion chamber heads are available NOW...  Sorry for any confusion I may have caused...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks