News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got an 89 RamCharger

Started by greenpigs, January 19, 2012, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

I know a couple of you love these things so I started a thread that will show what I am doing & possibly have a few things that may help people out.

Pictures will be posted tomorrow after I get it home.

Nothing very special it is a 100 4X4 black with pieces of a burgundy interior.

The body has some rust as does the floor boards, but that is fine as I want something to get my welding & bodywork up to snuff. There is no way I will be able to afford to pay someone to fix the rot on my Charger. This project is how I plan on getting the confidence to tackle the Charger. It needs a new O2 sensor but otherwise has a healthy drivetrain.

Plans are switching over to a black interior & paint it blood red & only fix what it needs to keep it on the road, no 440 swap!

Post any pictures you have of your own Ramcharger or ones you like.

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

Picture blows but it was from my cellphone & I am tired & will put "better" pictures up later.

I fixed it so now you can see more of the ugly. :2thumbs:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

moparstuart

my 87 , I loved that beast    :2thumbs:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

greymag

I had an 85-sold it when it hit 235,000 miles. Still ran great but pinion bearing was growling.

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BBKNARF

1988 Ramcharger, Black with tan interior, 318 throttle body, duel exhaust, 6" suspension lift, 36" tires, it was a beautiful truck I wish I still had it.
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: BBKNARF on January 21, 2012, 04:28:38 PM
1988 Ramcharger, Black with tan interior, 318 throttle body, duel exhaust, 6" suspension lift, 36" tires, it was a beautiful truck I wish I still had it.

Very nice!
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1ofnone

I still have my 79 Ramcharger S.E.  Ramchargercentral is a great forum site for these . Restoration was suppose to start this winter for the 79 even though we still drive it during the good months . But my wife got a 54 Chevy 5 window pick-up that stole the rams place in the shop .

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

greenpigs

QuoteRamchargercentral is a great forum site for these

Yes it is.

I joined a little bit ago & a member hooked me up with a new Bosh O2 sensor for cheap, the place is GREAT!
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

Scarped off the bow hunting stickers & window tint that was on one of the side glass. Yes only one window had tint on it.

I have plenty of rust to fix even more than I thought....

It has a BAD electric drain that I hope is gone now. A wire was ran from the fuse box with one of the ends pushed under a fuse. The other end was spliced into the plug for the radio. My guess is he did this to add a fuse to save his CD player or try to. :slap: I suppose this was his in line fuse set up :rotz: & also the speaker wires were touching metal with exposed wire.

Also I made a radio delete plate out of a piece of cardboard painted black....I'm the smart hillbilly in the family. :D The RustCharger was one of my brother in laws.

Not going to post pictures unless I think it would help as I don't want to burn up all the toy mans money(Troy Mod).
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

To me the Durango never really lived up to being a replacement for them.

greenpigs

I fixed the electric drain & found the problem why the front axle did not engage, actuator nipples snapped off.

The spark plugs were loose and one was not even finger tight.

Also someone epoxied the air cleaner to the "carb"

That's about until I get a welder next week.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull