News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Keeping your Charger through divorce.

Started by Chargerrtforme, March 20, 2012, 07:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Quote from: Back N Black on March 21, 2012, 10:21:02 AM
Quote from: resq302 on March 21, 2012, 07:13:29 AM
Wow that sounds like me and my wife.  I want to punish them and my wife doesn't want to.  She doesn't believe in spankings.  All I know is that when I did something wrong, I got a couple of good lickins on my butt and I knew never to do that again.  Granted, the 5 yr old is probably testing us right now but if you don't have some kind of discipline, that is where the drugs and hanging out with the wrong crowd starts.  With where I work, I see the worst in people every day.  I just don't want to have my daughters end up being one of those people that are brought into our station.

I was spanked as a kid and that's why i don't hit my kids.  :Twocents:

Spanking is not hitting your kids!  Spanking is reprimanding and punishment.  Hitting your kids is when you leave marks which I also am against!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Back N Black

Quote from: resq302 on March 21, 2012, 12:59:08 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on March 21, 2012, 10:21:02 AM
Quote from: resq302 on March 21, 2012, 07:13:29 AM
Wow that sounds like me and my wife.  I want to punish them and my wife doesn't want to.  She doesn't believe in spankings.  All I know is that when I did something wrong, I got a couple of good lickins on my butt and I knew never to do that again.  Granted, the 5 yr old is probably testing us right now but if you don't have some kind of discipline, that is where the drugs and hanging out with the wrong crowd starts.  With where I work, I see the worst in people every day.  I just don't want to have my daughters end up being one of those people that are brought into our station.

I was spanked as a kid and that's why i don't hit my kids.  :Twocents:

Spanking is not hitting your kids!  Spanking is reprimanding and punishment.  Hitting your kids is when you leave marks which I also am against!

To me spanking is hitting, i guess its up to you how hard you want to hit. Just my opinion.
Dictionary: English (North American)
spankĀ·ing (1) noun

a beating with the flat of the hand on somebody's buttocks, given as punishment.

RTDaddy

Before you "broach" the subject of trying to work out a "friendly" or "one-on-one" arrangement, find out who the best Divorce leagle eagle is in your town and have'em on retainer.  Believe me this is cheap insurance.  "Don't ask me how I know."   ;D
"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

GT

Did you own the charger before the marriage?  If so - dont sweat it (unless you poured in tons of joint/marital $).  "If" you are in texas, pre-marital assets (and gifts) dont fall under the 50/50 rule...(texas is no-fault too)  otherwise you either agree on value of assets or court orders appraisal.  piss off the judge and he may force it to be auctioned off...  as said above - get a lawyer.  hope you dont need it.
1970 Dodge Charger ==> V10
2012 Charger SRT8

stripedelete

GT may be correct.  However, you may have to buy her out of any money spent on restoration while married.  Hope it won't get to that level of granularity.

Spanking/not spanking? It's moot when you consider the effects of the divorce.  :Twocents: 

troy.70R/T

A good ass whipping only hurts for awhile, but teaches a life long lesson. Everyone can go to Walmart any day of the week and see the kids that need a spanking and the one that have had one. As far as the Divorce thing (prenup)!!!!!  I also have my cars titled in my dads name as well as mine.  However you should always have your titles read  Your name first then OR your dads name. ( Jim Smith or Donald Smith)   If you have Cars titled in Your name AND your dads name then you actually need both signatures to sell the car. (Jim Smith And Donald Smith).  Eithier way in a Divorce case this shows that Two people own the car and if the lawyer wants your half of the car then the value is already half of what the car is worth so your  NOW insignificant other is now only going to get a 1/4 of the value of the car. That is if you don't have a prenup.