News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PG Classics

Started by chargeral, March 19, 2012, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargeral

I`m about to purchase the PG Classics dash wood grain replacement panels. Before I do so, I would like the opinion of others who purchased them. How is the fit, appearance and quality of their product? thanks in advance.  Al

BananaDan

They're good.  But if you're in the US you can get them from B/E & A, they're the same parts.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

chargeral

thanks Dan. They are also the same price. I live in Canada but have every thing shipped to Detroit

BananaDan

Well if you live in Canada, PGC is in Canada.  You probably knew that though...   :Twocents:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

doctor4766

Quote from: BananaDan on March 19, 2012, 10:21:36 PM
Well if you live in Canada, PGC is in Canada.  You probably knew that though...   :Twocents:
They ship a lot of stuff from China though.
And I gotta say, their communication skills are extremely lacklustre.
I bought some upper door pads from them recently and asked (in plain English within 24hrs) if I could pay the difference to have the Charger emblems included with the pads.
After not hearing back from them in a week I asked why I had no reply to my email.
His response was that he no understand what my question mean. So didn't bother emailing me back to clarify. By the time he DID understand, the item was already in the post.
Bottom line is make sure you are both talking the same language before you pay up.
Gotta love a '69

Ghoste

Nice customer service.  That's exactly what you want working for you to deal with customers.  "I didn't understand the question so I didn't respond".  Beautiful just beautiful.
I would (admittedly in frustration) help with the language barrier part if you respond to me admitting that you don't know what I mean but to ignore me altogether?? :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :down:

doctor4766

Exactly. So I felt it necessary to leave negative feedback, and I've never had to do that before.
The price difference was only $30 to begin with, but here is their response, after they had shipped the parts.

If you by it alone its 75.00 Dollars

Thank You
For more Parts go:
www.moparplus.com
Call : 1-888-473-5855

And here is the response that I mentioned before

Why is there no reply to my email?
Im trying to understand what you mean but sorry i don't

Thank You
For more Parts go:
www.moparplus.com
Call : 1-888-473-5855
Gotta love a '69

Dino

PGC...one more added to the blacklist...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

ODZKing

Yeah, I have tried to e-mail to ask questions before I made a purchase. Their customer service is non-existant.
Needless to say, I never bought.   :rotz:

charger_fan_4ever

I sent them a list of parts i needed by email. Took awhile to hear back. We are talking roughly $2500 in parts. I finally got what he called a work order. I looked it over and instead of marker lights he was selling me tail lights. There was another part not correct. I went on his website and got the correct part #'s and replied back stating the issues and said here are the correct part #'s.

Nothing not a word since. I had also called prior to this asking about their door panels. I asked if they do both standard and SE as I needed a set for a plain r/t. The response i got was yes we have the wood ones.

From other posts I believe they are from China or somewhere over in that area. Don't seem to understand english or french very well.

My advice would be to buy from their online store that way you pick the part #.

1969chargerrtse

Yes, I bought from the PG online store with no issues. They also take credit cards, and  BE&A didn't. I got the wood dash parts from BE&A and 2 matched but the right piece above the glove box didn't.
There's a picture near post 405.
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34954.600.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

The only thing I've ever purchased from PG is the front seat foam buns because they had the best deal:reputation ratio.

There was a bit of a mixup due to the fact that I was having the buns drop-shipped to the people handling my reupholstery work. Seems the destination address was not recognized by PG Classic's Ebay delivery mechanism (which I think is UPS) so I called them and got a woman who could "barewy spoke Engwrish" and tried to get it straightened out. Still not sure either of us understood a word spoken by the other but the seat buns did arrive safely. For all I know you're calling China when you talk to them and you always seem to get the same woman. I wonder if they've got her locked inside the same shed in Alaska where Peggy works.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on March 23, 2012, 06:26:03 PM
The only thing I've ever purchased from PG is the front seat foam buns because they had the best deal:reputation ratio.

There was a bit of a mixup due to the fact that I was having the buns drop-shipped to the people handling my reupholstery work. Seems the destination address was not recognized by PG Classic's Ebay delivery mechanisOm (which I think is UPS) so I called them and got a woman who could "barewy spoke Engwrish" and tried to get it straightened out. Still not sure either of us understood a word spoken by the other but the seat buns did arrive safely. For all I know you're calling China when you talk to them and you always seem to get the same woman. I wonder if they've got her locked inside the same shed in Alaska where Peggy works.

Ha ha. To funny. Engwrish. I've also talked to her.  I had a broken mirror, and they sent me another one pronto.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Fred

Was a bit disappointed with my PG Classics experience.
Ordered stainless exhaust tips for my 68 charger and was sent tips for a satelite. Luckily I was able to sell them to a mate who has a 68 satelite otherwise I would have been stuck with them. Shipping them back isn't an option for me.
Ordered a set from B-E & A Restorations and got the right ones.
Needless to say i no longer shop at PG Classics.  

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.