News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spring Fling?

Started by Troy, March 19, 2012, 04:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

I made it to MATS last year and it looks like I have a chance to go to Spring Fling this year. It's supposed to be a bigger show - but I think it still sounds pretty small compared to my usual shows (Mopar Nationals, Carlisle, Mopar Fest, and even Monster Mopar). I will likely only have 1 day (Saturday) to spend at the show but I may also have a couple of hours in on Sunday. I'm assuming that I'll have plenty of time to see everything. What happens after the show? Do any members here get together? Has anyone stayed at the host hotel and how is it? I obviously won't have a car and I'll be getting in rather late on Friday.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Troy on March 19, 2012, 04:12:05 PM
I made it to MATS last year and it looks like I have a chance to go to Spring Fling this year. It's supposed to be a bigger show - but I think it still sounds pretty small compared to my usual shows (Mopar Nationals, Carlisle, Mopar Fest, and even Monster Mopar). I will likely only have 1 day (Saturday) to spend at the show but I may also have a couple of hours in on Sunday. I'm assuming that I'll have plenty of time to see everything. What happens after the show? Do any members here get together? Has anyone stayed at the host hotel and how is it? I obviously won't have a car and I'll be getting in rather late on Friday.

Troy

Yeah, it's a bigger show than MATS (sans the racing). For Spring Fling we can get anywhere between 400-600 cars over both days (and at least 300 each day). The swap meet is pretty big as well and its one of the things we're known for. Saturday is show n shine, more relaxed. Sunday is when we actually do the judging and when we tend to see more of the high end / rare stuff come out.

There are quite a few events around the show. Theres an open house on Friday night at the Picture Car Warehouse (they build some of KWS' cars). Then on Saturday evening after the show is done for the day, we will be having a cruise-in at a Bob's Big Boy. Then the show again on Sunday. If you only have a couple of hours for Sunday, that may work out for you since the "peak" hours for the shows are from 10:00 to 1:30-2:00 pm

Truth be told, I've never really ran into many members from site. The ones I usually run into are Rolling_Thunder and Finn. But I think it's just because we've never tried to really organize anything. I'd be down to grab dinner/beers or something at some point on Saturday before/during/after the Bob's Big Boy cruise in.

As far as the hotel, I've never stayed there myself (since I live like 15 minutes away from the show location), but almost every attendee that we speak to seems to be very happy with it and apparently improptu parties have been known to break out in the hotel bar area or in the parking lot. If you don't have a car, people are always offering their empty seats for a ride to the show (and if not, hit me up and I'll find you one  ;) )

Either way man, hope you can make it. Lemme know if you got more questions, etc.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

djcarguy

WHERE and when and how ta get info for spring fling?  thanks dj,oregon

68X426

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

Finn

Ill buy a round if there's a meet up!  :cheers:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

ChgrSteve67

I'm going to be there with the wife along with Gibber and his wife from the 66-67 site with our first gen Chargers (I know not the stylin your use to) Your more than welcome to ride along and / or hang out.

We are also staying at the host hotel.

After show activities.
Friday Night – April 20, 2012
Motion Picture Car Warehouse Spring Fling Meet and Greet
8400 Reseda Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 91324
6:00 pm – 9:00 pm

Saturday Night – April 21, 2012
Spring Fling Cruise at Bob's Big Boy – 5:00 – 10:00 PM
Located 8876 Corbin Avenue Northridge, CA.

Sunday Night for who is still hanging around – April 22, 2012
The Bear Pit Bar-B-Q Restaurant
10825 Sepulveda Boulevard, Mission Hills, CA 91345

-Steve

Rolling_Thunder

I'll be down to meet up with some of ya'll -  I've ran into Ponch a couple times but never see anyone else except some of my local club members   

I usually only go up Saturday - Sunday is a stroke show for the high $$$ guys ---   I like the relaxed Saturday a bit better but still a good time on both days.
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

BB1

I've been going to Spring Fling since the mid 80's, still have those pics too.  ;D

I might be there this year, not sure yet.
Delete my profile

Troy

Ok, flights are booked. It sucks that I won't have much time on Sunday (if at all) but I wasn't willing to triple my cost to get a late afternoon flight. I'll be there Friday but the whole reason for going is to get some other things taken care of so I may not get to the activities that night (probably won't be at the hotel until after 11 PM).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Troy on March 20, 2012, 09:42:20 AM
Ok, flights are booked. It sucks that I won't have much time on Sunday (if at all) but I wasn't willing to triple my cost to get a late afternoon flight. I'll be there Friday but the whole reason for going is to get some other things taken care of so I may not get to the activities that night (probably won't be at the hotel until after 11 PM).

Troy

Should've offered Ponch some stickers & a t-shirt & I bet he'd let you stay at his place instead of paying for a hotel.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MoparMotel

I want to go this year, haven't been since '05 I believe. Have to find out if I work Saturday or not, but if I do it will only be until 1 p.m. It would be cool to meet up with you guys in person.

Hopefully TTI is there with there booth again, I want to check out a new exhaust system with an X pipe for the '68  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger

moparstuart

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 20, 2012, 09:48:10 AM

Troy

Should've offered Ponch some stickers & a t-shirt & I bet he'd let you stay at his place instead of paying for a hotel.
but does troy really wanna sleep in a one room shack with 25 other mexicans   :nana: :D :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Old Moparz

Quote from: moparstuart on March 20, 2012, 01:51:13 PM

Troy

but does troy really wanna sleep in a one room shack with 25 other mexicans   :nana: :D :smilielol:

Could be real cozy & a good deal if he likes Mexican food.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 20, 2012, 03:47:17 PM

Troy

but does troy really wanna sleep in a one room shack with 25 other mexicans   :nana: :D :smilielol:

Could be real cozy & a good deal if he likes Mexican food.  :2thumbs:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 20, 2012, 04:14:38 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 20, 2012, 03:47:17 PM

Troy

but does troy really wanna sleep in a one room shack with 25 other mexicans   :nana: :D :smilielol:

Could be real cozy & a good deal if he likes Mexican food.  :2thumbs:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:  hey i want some good authentic mexican food too please 

Ponch ®

ChgrSteve67

Wow this thread sure with South in a hurry.

BB1

:smilielol:

Mexican stand off     Ola~
Delete my profile

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on March 20, 2012, 07:13:25 PM

yeah, some people definitely crossed the line.... :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2012, 10:43:37 AM

Which line? The line at the border or the line of good taste?   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

moparstuart

Quote from: Ponch ® on March 21, 2012, 10:43:37 AM

:yesnod: :yesnod:  i hate when that happens   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Ponch ®

But anyway...back on topic:

Quote from: MoparMotel on March 20, 2012, 09:48:49 AM

Hopefully TTI is there with there booth again, I want to check out a new exhaust system with an X pipe for the '68  :2thumbs:

yeah, TTI will be there.