News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Air Compressor QC3 3-Stage Air Filter/Dryer Unit set up

Started by sanders7981, March 18, 2012, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanders7981

Now that I have a new Quincy compressor, I need to it up to make sure that water and oil are kept from getting into the paint.  My question for those of you that painted your own Chargers is what does your set up look like?  I have read a few things saying that there needs to be about 25 ft of black steel pipe before the filter, and some also say to put a water trap, and drain valve...  I measured out the space on my garage wall near the compressor and there is 2'W X 7'8''H of space I have to work with.  I am a little torn between using copper tubing, or the black steel pipe.  Any ideas?  I was thinking about setting the pipes running up and down the wall vertically giving me about 3 or 4 rows of 7 feet of pipe to cool the air, then running the pipe into the filter and connecting my hose to it.   Would this be right, or work properly? 

If you can please post pics of your set up and let me know how it worked.  

:2thumbs:

1BAD68

If you go to garagejournal.com there are ton's of great setups like that for cooling/condensing the air.
You can get some great ideas.

Domino

I have 30' of 1/2" npt pipe sloped away from the compressor as a condenser, then a double vertical trap system at the end followed by a inexpensive water separator before the quick connect for the flex line. 
There's a water blow off valve at each trap and at the separator. 
I still get some moisture in the line with a lot of use, but it's much much less than before.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

sanders7981

Awesome... Thanks for the info.  I have not completely settled on the QC3 Devibiss dryer, so if there is one out there that is cheaper and does just as good a job I'll be all over it.  Not trying to be cheap, but jut trying to save money where I can.   :cheers: