News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How is this even possible??? Melt down a/c

Started by bobfist, March 15, 2012, 04:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobfist

Hi!

Got a a/c set up with a/c pump and lines etc from a member from this forum.
When we tried to turn the clutch and listen to the bearings before installing it. It got stuck sometimes so we opened it up.
This was i found inside...even the crank inside has melted...how ....how...

www.bobfist.com
Muscle Car Restorations & Reproduction
Sweden

b5blue

Too much charge in the system or blockage, is the filter clogged? Any moisture in the system could freeze @ the filter also.  :scratchchin:

bobfist

Yes i don't know...he said it worked and blowed cold air when he removed it
www.bobfist.com
Sweden

bobfist

Yeah, i don't think so either. Anyway, i bolt it on for good look for now and then get another one... sad

Now there is one more thing i need, the idler pulley for 69 bb, is there anyone with one for sale?

www.bobfist.com
Sweden

resq302

Almost looks like something broke and then got slammed around like when my connecting rod for my air compressor broke yet the electric motor kept spinning and causing more damage.  How bad is the rest of the inside of the a/c compressor?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Rolling_Thunder

Holy crap!     :o      that's pretty impressive actually 
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

AirborneSilva

Wow, sorry to hear you got taken on that.  If you were close to me I have one I'd give you but it looks like you are a little more than a couple of miles away.  Good luck to ya!

John_Kunkel

I thought I was the World's Champ at tossing RV-2 rods but none of mine ever looked that bad. Lack of lubrication is the usual caused of failures like that, the aluminum rods ride right on the steel crankshaft with no bearing insert between them....not forgiving of poor lubrication.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

bobfist

Yes looks that way,
No one with the correct front bracket and idler pulley for sale?
www.bobfist.com
Sweden