News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 interior panels

Started by Dodgerdallas, March 15, 2012, 05:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodgerdallas

Ive got my 66  and the door and rear panels have to be replaced,the doors I can swing but what about the rear panels?Can you get replacements or cover them yourself??
This is gonna be cheap and easy......

Ghoste

No reproductions on those (not yet that I know of anyway).  Your best bet is likely better condition used ones.  There may be an option for recovering them with a place like Just Dashes but I would think it's expensive iif it can be done at all.

Dodgerdallas

Can those panels be removed and covered with maybe some vinyl of the same color?

Ghoste

They can be removed easily enough but I don't know how good it would look just covering them with vinyl.

Dodgerdallas

Their white,I was thinking maybe strip them carefully and glue some good vinyl or some kind of material in its place but maybe not.What about a upholstery shop?

Dodgerdallas

Heres a pic of the rear panel...

Ghoste

Agree, they aren't nice.  BUT, here is a little secret about owning a 1st gen Charger and it's very very important you not tell anyone on this site about it or ever repeat it.
Fastback ownership means you have been inducted into a cult.  And what do cults do?  They protect their own.
So what does this mean for you?  You are about to find out how great 66-67 owners are at helping other fastback fans keep their Chargers on the road.
Now I love 69 Chargers and I love this site and there are lots of 2nd gen fans and 3rd gen fans who are fanatical about their chosen ride and do what they can to help others but those years also see more than their share of flippers.  Not ranting, just saying.  It is the American way after all.
But 1st gen lovers are like a cult.  They have opportunists as well but I bet you will find the panels you seek and for a reasonable price.

Dodgerdallas

Noted,I am glad to be a member of this special order and will try to wear the badge proudly!!

Ghoste

And, as much as I like to see this site grow, I should have also mentioned the 66-67 Charger forum.  I wouldn't want you to leave here but if you are restoring a fastback, you are going to find them indispensable over there.

Just don't tell them I sent you, I'm not sure but I could be viewed as a traitor in those whereabouts.  

Dodgerdallas

Hitting the sack now,have to get up at 2:00am- but tell me how to access that site and I'll check it out in the mornin...

Ghoste

Should be here, but its a couple of years since I played over there so I take no blame if the link is bad.

http://www.66-67charger.com/

266mopars

Got mine on e bay after passing on a lot of auctions that went too high.Alot of waiting and some luck and a 3 am auction ending.Some how got both fronts for 50.00 in pretty darn good shape.I quess this is why my 2 year project took ten and still counting.

Ghoste

Yeah, ebay can be a tough place to buy parts.  Sometimes you have no choice as its the only place to locate stuff but obviously anyone selling there is looking for the best possible dollar.  I have had my best luck just networking with other fastback fanatics.

ODZKing

I am going to the yard on Saturday.  Let me see if he has any rears.

Dodgerdallas

That would be great-thanks!

ODZKing

Dodgerdallas I sent you a PM.