News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone have a back seat out of a 68-69 who can measure it for me?

Started by bull, March 14, 2012, 02:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I need the length, width and height of both halves to see if I can fit one or both of them inside one of those full-size Thule cargo boxes. It's going to be tight but I need to see if I can get them, the two front Charger seats and four people inside my Durango. :o

Luckily the Durango has the buddy seat up front instead of the center console so I might be able to fold one of the middle seats down, put three people in front and still get everything inside even without the Thule.

68blue

Bottom is 23" X 58" X 12"  back is 26" X 59" X8" Measurements taken at the longest point.

You're lucky, the two pieces are sitting right next to me. :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

I thought you had all of that stuff torn apart at your place Bull?

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on March 14, 2012, 02:40:25 PM
I thought you had all of that stuff torn apart at your place Bull?

That was then. ;) The seats are all done and I'll be going to pick them up soon. Not tomorrow like I thought though because there was a delay in getting the backs done on the front buckets. Bob Smith of Smith Bros. Restorations got them back from the upolsterer today and didn't have time to finish them, but he said he'll have them done by next Thursday.

bull

Quote from: 68blue on March 14, 2012, 02:37:38 PM
Bottom is 23" X 58" X 12"  back is 26" X 59" X8" Measurements taken at the longest point.

You're lucky, the two pieces are sitting right next to me. :icon_smile_big:

Thanks! :2thumbs:

HeavyFuel

Did you pick up some new seat skins (legendary) and have someone else put them on, or are they customs?

bull

Quote from: HeavyFuel on March 20, 2012, 12:37:13 PM
Did you pick up some new seat skins (legendary) and have someone else put them on, or are they customs?

I got new Legendary skins with the car. The previous owner had already bought them, the carpet and the headliner.

Turns out I won't be picking them up after all because they're still not done. He took an extra week because he was real busy with some other stuff. And then I found out yesterday that he didn't know if they remembered to weld a new nut onto one of the seat bottoms for the back to mount to before it was reupholstered. Kinda hard to mount the seat back without that nut and it's also kinda hard to weld on a frame that's covered in upholstery.

bull

Called the other brother today and found out that the nut was welded in prior to the seat being finished. :2thumbs: Good news for sure.

HeavyFuel

Do you feel like it's money well spent to have someone with experience re-cover the seats, or do you think you could have done them yourself with good results?  You seem to like to tackle jobs yourself, why did you farm out the upholstry? 

bull

I'm trying to move things along. Been farting around for about 7 years now and am pretty fed up with the restoration process. I'd like to see if I can possibly be driving it by the tail end of summer and I don't stand a chance if I don't get some help.