News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DAYTONA nose cone rubbers

Started by Tim L, March 11, 2012, 07:07:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim L

Can anyone tell me where I can get some good Daytona nose cone rubbers from? Good condition originals or reproduction? Dayclona was apparently making them but I have messaged him off his website several times without any luck.

Thank you, Tim.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

FJ5WING

Are you referring to the inside seals or the nose to fenders/hood seals?

Mike can hard to get hold of sometimes but keep at it and be patient.
wingless now, but still around.

Aero426

Mike has been posting on Moparts the last couple days.   Try sending him a PM here through DC.com and he should get it.   

Tim L

QuoteAre you referring to the inside seals or the nose to fenders/hood seals?

Mike can hard to get hold of sometimes but keep at it and be patient.

Both sets of rubbers, we've got some nose/fender ones from Dale's Cuda Shop but I've heard they're no good?

QuoteMike has been posting on Moparts the last couple days.   Try sending him a PM here through DC.com and he should get it.

Shot him a PM cheers
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Davtona

Quote from: Tim L on March 14, 2012, 02:41:02 AM
QuoteAre you referring to the inside seals or the nose to fenders/hood seals?
Both sets of rubbers,

http://www.performancecargraphics.com/Winged_Car_Stuff/Air_Block-Off_Seals.htm

Here are the inside seals. Closer to original ones.

41husk

I need to find a source for the rubber seal between the nose cone and the fende on the passenger side.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Allen. Did that one come apart?  You can reglue it. Those are the ones that actually fit the best. I have the correct glue for that and can send it to you.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

Yes!  send it to me and let me know what I owe you.  2220 Shirlene Dr.  Granite City IL 62040
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Tim L

Apparently the Dales Cuda Shop nosecone to fender rubbers are good and currently in stock.
JS23N0E
BS23H1B
XX29L9B381541

Indygenerallee

I need a set too so let me know who has a decent set.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hemigeno

Quote from: Tim L on March 15, 2012, 02:57:38 PM
Apparently the Dales Cuda Shop nosecone to fender rubbers are good and currently in stock.

I have a set, and did not like them at all.  They're very flexible/floppy, and are smooth on the surface (the originals were textured).  They may put out a lot of great products, but that's my personal opinion of this particular offering.

The sets from Performance Car Graphics are much closer to the originals in both ridgidity and texture, as already mentioned by Davtona:

Quote from: Davtona on March 14, 2012, 05:39:34 AM

:Twocents:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: hemigeno on March 16, 2012, 09:15:56 AM

I have a set, and did not like them at all.  They're very flexible/floppy, and are smooth on the surface (the originals were textured).  They may put out a lot of great products, but that's my personal opinion of this particular offering.

The sets from Performance Car Graphics are much closer to the originals in both ridgidity and texture, as already mentioned by Davtona:

Gene,...Tim is talking about the actual fender to cone seals, that are between the fender and cone, not the 10 pc air seals

hemigeno

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 16, 2012, 11:28:24 AM
Quote from: hemigeno on March 16, 2012, 09:15:56 AM

Gene,...Tim is talking about the actual fender to cone seals, that are between the fender and cone, not the 10 pc air seals

AHH... my bad

:slap:

Carry on!