News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My New Project

Started by KillerBee1972, March 13, 2012, 09:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBee1972

Well it happened again i picked up another Charger! But this charger is very special to me, it was my dads when he was growing up and dating my mom! My new 73 charger SE is a Real U code car! with the mumbers matching 440 and trans. Its a sunroof car, with power windows, towing package, special order paint B9 blue, dual cut outs, buckets and a slap stick! My dad was the second owner of the car he bought it off the owner which was a chrysler sales man. It was my dads second car he sold his 68 442 for it (great choice). He later met my mom dated and then later got married in it!. I think around 1989 he parked it and just kept it running through the years. As i was growing up i always heard him talking about the car and i was only able to ever see just the passenger fender and always dying to see the whole car. When we moved to a new house i got to see it for the first time ever and i was hooked while trying to put it on a trailer a beake line broke, and was immobile at our new house. At the new house i would push it out to wash it and I took care of it. When my brother graduated my parents offered the car to him and he accepted. He was going to a performance college in Lima Ohio, so he decided tore the whole car apart to a bare shell and only rebuilt the trans and tore apart the motor.  :-\ He later went and got married and has a daughter now. during that time of my brother getting married i picked up a 72 SE and has been my toy for 4 years. and for me to work on that the 73 was put on rollers and put into the corner of my parents garage. Now after LONG LONG negotiating and talking with my brother i convinced him to let me get the 73 off his hands, and now is MINE! I LOVE this car always have. BUT i have my hands full picking up where my bro left off!  :lol:

Sorry for the long story but its a family car etc.

will keep up with the progress and the pics

1964 Plymouth Fury "old 70s drag car"
1973 Dodge Charger SE B9 blue 440

freddyd02

Don't apologize for the story, we love reading them especially when the car has a history with your family like that.. Cant wait to see how she turns out!  :popcrn:

Fred

Have fun restoring her.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

RallyeMike

Very cool story and incredible car.

The car is very unique and very rare if not unique as optioned. You wouldnt mind sharing the tag info would you?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

68RT4ME

Great story and nice that it continues to remain in the family as it is in essence family too. Looking forward to seeing the progress.  :2thumbs:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

KillerBee1972

I tried to load a pic of the tag wouldn't let me so here it is

04123 220536 071 9920??
    P31                J67
28.       G11 G37.        47
V1X  U              V7W M52
426 E6X9 TX9 409 K20883
E86 D34 WP29 U3A 21XXXX

I have it all decoded except for the M52 code that's not in the white book.

And also when my brother took the interior out we found a buildsheet to a 73 400 black on black on black car. Not ours and from the stories from the previous owner and my dad the interior never was out of the car. So it's prolly a Chrysler mistake?        

KillerBee1972

Hello guys, years later now..... Finally have the car at my house and currently working on her. Found out a lot of crazy new stuff about the car from the original owners! More to come as I am still getting new info on the car from them. But Everything my dad was told about the car when he bought it in 1985 was true. Meaning the car was special ordered with everything including 440, B9 blue paint (which wasn't available for B-Bodies), sunroof, towing package, power windows, etc. The salesman kept trying to make them order A/c with the car and they never gave in so yes the car does not have air. and they ordered 3.23 geared rear end. and when the car came in 2 months later they found out that the factory put in 3.55s by accident. pretty cool. They gave me most of the original paperwork for the car including the original special order sheet. the car cost $5091.00 brand new. more pics and info to come as I work on and receive from the original owners.

KillerBee1972

:2thumbs:

BIGBLCK11

Great story! Nice looking car.  Keep us posted.  :2thumbs:

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

DixieRestoParts

Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see it completed!
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

EccentricMagpies

Really cool story and the car itself looks to be in great shape !!

Congrats on keeping it in the family too.   :2thumbs:

:cheers:
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

charge69

Great to hear from you again about the Charger and see that you are still enthusiastic about working on it. Believe me, I know about how months can turn into years as life just seems to get in the way at times.
Just keep your head down and keep working on the Charger when you can and, before you know it, you will be driving that beauty again!

RallyeMike

There were multiple build sheets and they stuffed them just about anywhere including sometimes different cars.

Glad to see it's coming along!
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

KillerBee1972

Yea in these past few years I've gotten rid of my 72 charger :brickwall:, got a old 64 fury drag car :yesnod: :2thumbs:, bought a house, finally got me a reliable daily driver, annnnnnnd got married. so its been a crazy journey.

But also about the build sheet found out from my Uncle, that when the factory sent the cars out to get sunroofs put in they would put all the interiors into the same corner and he heard stories that the company would just throw the interiors back into the car without checking anything. so there is a chance there is a triple black 400 BB sunroof charger that has my build sheet in it. :shruggy:

EccentricMagpies

Hmmm

There is a guy, bb70charger500 who has posted pictures of his black sunroof car several times.

it's a 73 as well.

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on August 08, 2016, 03:48:39 PM
... so there is a chance there is a triple black 400 BB sunroof charger that has my build sheet in it. :shruggy:

That would be odd. Has to be the car

He is not the OP of this thread
Eg.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/73-charger-build-log.112504/
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

KillerBee1972

Been trying to get a hold of him through the b-bodies only site haven't had any luck with finding a way to PM him.

thanks for the possible lead though

EccentricMagpies

His car has a silver bottom??? 

Is that a paint code or simply some update that someone did to the car?   If it's a paint code does this build sheet you have show it?
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

KillerBee1972

No I'm pretty sure that wasn't an option, just someone that gave it extra coolness. I think it should've been an option, some cars look great with it done.

My dad painted from the lower body line down black for its first winter with him to give extra protection.
which in the long run didn't help, haha

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on August 11, 2016, 04:14:39 PM
No I'm pretty sure that wasn't an option, just someone that gave it extra coolness. I think it should've been an option, some cars look great with it done.

My dad painted from the lower body line down black for its first winter with him to give extra protection.
which in the long run didn't help, haha

:smilielol:
Extra coolness eh?   Nothing wrong with that.

The reason I wondereed was that there's a photo of red car with black trim from a member here.  Always loved the look of his car.  The body lines just seem to stand out.   Your dads car wasn't red was it?    :popcrn:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,4572.0.html
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

KillerBee1972

No, my dads was the B9 blue charger (now mine) in the pictures above

EccentricMagpies

Quote from: KillerBee1972 on August 11, 2016, 07:27:52 PM
No, my dads was the B9 blue charger (now mine) in the pictures above

sorry, didn't make out the black on the lower part I guess.

When you mentioned you cannot PM him, he doesn't have it set up?
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd