News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daylight saving time tomorrow......

Started by Kern Dog, March 11, 2012, 12:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kern Dog

Were YOU expecting it so early? I just heard today. I'm always happy when the change happens, but I thought that it usually came later in the month.

myk

kab69440

I have yet to hear a single convincing argument as to why we are still subjected to this stupidity.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

myk

Didn't Europe or some place in the galaxy do away with daylight savings?  

doctor4766

Here in that OTHER place in the galaxy (namely Western Australia) we had a referendum that killed it off many moons ago.
Other Aussie states still have it but here in the west we don't have to go through all the crap associated with daylight savings any more  :D
Gotta love a '69

BrianShaughnessy

I wish we had DST year round.   I work for a living.   I kinda like having that hour after I get home to get things done.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

skip68

They don't have it in Arizona.   Maybe they could split the difference.  Instead of jumping forward an hour, we just jump half an hour and leave it.   Wouldn't that make more sense?  ???
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

NHCharger

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on March 11, 2012, 06:27:47 AM
I wish we had DST year round.   I work for a living.   I kinda like having that hour after I get home to get things done.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

That extra hour lets me take the Charger for a spin,dog for a walk, yard work, etc . . . . .
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

You must be thinking about the fall since spring goes forward and you lose an hour.  Fall goes back an hour.  At least I ended up working an 11 hr shift and got paid for a normal 12 hr shift last night.    :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

I love it. I like that extra hour of daylight. This year we don't change back until the last Sunday in March (used to be the first Sunday in March). Suits me just fine..

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Kern Dog

Fred

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on March 12, 2012, 01:57:55 AM
Wait... it IS March!

Your not wearing your glasses are you Red?
I said the last Sunday in March.   :slap:  :yesnod:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

bull

myk