News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ECS carpet

Started by 66FBCharger, March 12, 2012, 07:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

66FBCharger

Has anyone purchased a carpet from ECS? How is the fit? Is it really expensive for shipping? Is it worth the extra money. I read it was approx. $369.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

BananaDan

I went through the same conundrum last year on my interior restoration.  I decided to go with an ACC carpet from Y1 on one of their 20%-30% sale days.  It was less than half of the cost of ECS and it fit great.  No complaints at all.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Ghoste

Was ACC not making most of them for everybody anyway??

Troy

The ECS carpet is molded and ships flat. Anyone who has ever tried getting that ACC carpet unfolded and contoured to the floor knows how fun that can be. I thought at one point the ACC carpet was a bit short on either the front end or the sides? I don't know if it's worth it for everyone but it is for some people.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

Well, YO discount excluded, there is only $127 difference between the two.  A fair enough amount of money but if the ECS one is molded for the car like the originals and specific for it, could be well worth the difference.  Someone trying to cover every vehicle in the market like ACC could well be doing a lot of "generic" style ones in order to cover a bunch of cars with one internal part number.

Troy

The difference is in the shipping. Since the ECS carpet is flat you can imagine the size of the box.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Troy on March 12, 2012, 08:36:52 AM
The ECS carpet is molded and ships flat. Anyone who has ever tried getting that ACC carpet unfolded and contoured to the floor knows how fun that can be. I thought at one point the ACC carpet was a bit short on either the front end or the sides? I don't know if it's worth it for everyone but it is for some people.

Troy

My ACC carpet I got 15 years ago was/is short...I think they are better now
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on March 12, 2012, 08:13:57 PM
Quote from: Troy on March 12, 2012, 08:36:52 AM

Troy

My ACC carpet I got 15 years ago was/is short...I think they are better now

My ACC carpet was fine.
Letting it sit out of the box for a few days or an afternoon in the sun helps to get the wrinkles out from being rolled up in a box.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

maxwellwedge

I've bought a few from ECS. Always great results.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BananaDan

No shortage on my ACC carpet, I had to trim it a bunch, they left a lot of extra material.  I echo Bill's comment, I laid mine out flat the weekend before I was going to do the install and I had no box creases or fold issues.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein