News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Staring at your Charger

Started by Ghoste, March 11, 2012, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Whew! I'm not the only one!  :rofl:
Just did it today, it was a nice afternoon so I took my '68 out for a test spin run after completing all of the winter projects on it. Still haven't put the car cover back on it.

I can look at the lines of a '68 - '70 Charger endlessly. No other car comes close for me.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Kern Dog

The beauty of these cars transcends rust. A worn out Charger is still beautiful. I can see why old timers refuse to sell their Chargers in their barn. Just LOOKING at them is pure pleasure

Fred

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on March 12, 2012, 07:32:41 PM
I WISH my car could give birth, to another 2nd gen. Charger(a FREE one)!   :2thumbs: 

Geez, what a great idea..................that would be out of this world.................I'd make sure mine gave birth to twins!!  :yesnod:

Quote from: Musicman on March 12, 2012, 07:42:58 PM
Yes, I stare at my car... Hell, I even stare at pictures of my car. :yesnod:

Me too..................nothing wrong with that.   :2thumbs:  Don't let anyone tell you you're not normal.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: cavemanno1 on March 12, 2012, 05:39:38 AM
Quote from: Fred on March 11, 2012, 11:15:11 PM
Quote from: BigBlackDodge on March 11, 2012, 09:06:52 PM
What I'd really like to see is my car going down the road.......but I'm the only who drives it! :-\

BBD

That's exactly what I'd like to see too..............my car that it not yours ha ha!!  :2thumbs:
Like you, I'm always driving it too and I'd really like just once to be able to say WOW! as it goes by.

Fred,you don't want your wife driving her!My wife hooked on driving her after the first time and had to "fight" over who is driving her now!I have to tell you that it made me so proud seeing my wife driving our charger!It felt so good seeing her smiling from ear to ear and burning the rubber "accidentally" !When bikers followed us and saw her driving we heard them shouting fu.k it's a girl driving it!Nothing sexier then a woman steps out from a charger with black long hair,high heels and sexy dress with big sunglasses :drool5: I'm a perv i know but man wow.....

Happy to help you Fred as well i even pay for my ticket just make some space for me in the garage where i can sleep!I got one more month till have to go back to work so shoot me a pm and I'm on my way!Or any of you guys need any help I'm free!

I used to kissed her every time i entered the garage or left and talked to her!Wife always looked crossed and wanted a kiss as well so i didn't mind doing it every time!I never though i would miss her that much   :'(  The first charger is like your first love!Girls come and go but you always remember the first one!

Peter  

I tried to shoot a PM for you Peter but I missed and after a few attempts I ended up running out of bullets.  :lol:.

As for the wife driving the charger, she doesn't do it often, she knows it's my toy and the pleasure for me is in the driving. She's happy just to sit at my side.

Where abouts in Austria is your charger Peter,do you know?

cavemanno1

[/quote]

I tried to shoot a PM for you Peter but I missed and after a few attempts I ended up running out of bullets.  :lol:.

As for the wife driving the charger, she doesn't do it often, she knows it's my toy and the pleasure for me is in the driving. She's happy just to sit at my side.

Where abouts in Austria is your charger Peter,do you know?
[/quote]

Hey fred this is how you do it!You Ozzy boys don't know anything? :slap:  :nana:

:2guns:

resq302

Hmmm so that brings something up in my mine..... if the lines are proportionate to a child bearing woman, do I or don't I use that comparison when I get caught checking out another woman.  "No, hun, I was just comparing the lines on her body to the lines on the charger."  Followed up by "Yes, your lines are just as good."  :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

41husk

I keep the Daytona and the 09 SRT8 Challenger in the garage at my house and I have gotten out of bed late at night just to stare at them :shruggy:  There is probably something wrong with me but those of you that know me already knew that :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on March 14, 2012, 09:47:46 AM
I keep the Daytona and the 09 SRT8 Challenger in the garage at my house and I have gotten out of bed late at night just to stare at them :shruggy:  There is probably something wrong with me but those of you that know me already knew that :icon_smile_big:
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

J.Bond

Would have caught this thread earlier

But, I was out in the shop staring at my car. :lol:

This many posts on this thread would suggest a group buy when it gets to medical attention or medication  !!!!

( really glad I'm not alone)

wingcar

When all you seen to see on the road now days are little nondescript boxes with no personality, it's easy to look at your Charger and wonder at the way Detroit use to design cars.   Yes, I have caught myself running my eyes up and down the body lines of both my '67 and '70 Chargers...................They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.......
"Behold of the Beauty that is Charger!"      (I do everytime I walk by my cars...)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

sixty8charger

I do it all the time.. so much, I brought it to work on my desk!
Jayson

Fred

And very nice it looks too!
Mine's wallpaper  :yesnod:

Fred

Quote from: J.Bond on March 14, 2012, 10:49:50 AM
Would have caught this thread earlier

But, I was out in the shop staring at my car. :lol:

This many posts on this thread would suggest a group buy when it gets to medical attention or medication  !!!!

( really glad I'm not alone)

:lol: :lol: :2thumbs:

resq302

Quote from: 41husk on March 14, 2012, 09:47:46 AM

Its not just you.  Its the infectious disease called MOPARITIS!!!!!!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

billschroeder5842

Yes, it is goofy but whenever my wife and kids go into the garage with me I yell "Who parked a 1969 Dodge Charger in here?"
Texas Proud!

sixty8charger

I act like an idiot sometimes when I pull the car cover off it (it's still all primered and without the fenders doors and hood) I go "Oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!" my wife goes "WHAT?!", "It's almost a Charger under here!"....  "you're an idiot".
Jayson

chargerjy9

I stare at my 73 all the time. I love the sexy, sinewy lines, the sculptural beauty of the intersecting surfaces.  I worked on that car in the styling studios of Chrysler, back when as a clay sculptor. it has meaning... ( I know I am going to take heat for this, but....). I can stare at my 11 R/T in the same manner. it, as well, captures that look in my eyes. the last project I worked on at Chrysler, the day I retired, it was the last thing I saw before I left the building. I took a good long look, trying to bring up 35 years of memories in my last moment there. both cars are special and have meaning for me
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

resq302

I kinda have to agree with you on the '11 Charger.  At least they got something right by the across the board tail lights and the retro styling cues.  I still have a big complaint that it is a 4 door but for some reason,with those recessed scallops on the sides, I don't seem to notice the second set of doors as much as before. :scratchchin:
Brian

cdr

Quote from: sixty8charger on March 15, 2012, 06:15:19 AM
I act like an idiot sometimes when I pull the car cover off it (it's still all primered and without the fenders doors and hood) I go "Oh my god! oh my god! oh my god!" my wife goes "WHAT?!", "It's almost a Charger under here!"....  "you're an idiot".                           
LOLOLOLOL   yes i am in the same boat also a quote i sent to dan  [/quote] was workin on  my 1968 dodge charger & got all exited ,how awsome & beautiful a 68 charger is & i just could'nt help myself,such sexxy lines,round taillights and then i had a thought,wow she does'nt have a green card,or a work permit,she's not registered,she might get deported , cant let that happen, i know who can save her,its,its,  DAN, he can do it,he loves her to , well her sister, have a great new year  thanx charkie keel
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

royt440

I almost always open the garage door and turn on the light for a few seconds when I get home from work.  Sometimes I don't turn on the light and just let the light from the open door shine in.  A flat black body with a chrome blower makes it somewhat ominous, like it's just lurking there, tempting me to step in just a little more.

I have to go now, the young men with white jackets are here ....

TUFCAT

Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 15, 2012, 06:38:33 AM
I stare at my 73 all the time. I love the sexy, sinewy lines, the sculptural beauty of the intersecting surfaces.  I worked on that car in the styling studios of Chrysler, back when as a clay sculptor. it has meaning... ( I know I am going to take heat for this, but....). I can stare at my 11 R/T in the same manner. it, as well, captures that look in my eyes. the last project I worked on at Chrysler, the day I retired, it was the last thing I saw before I left the building. I took a good long look, trying to bring up 35 years of memories in my last moment there. both cars are special and have meaning for me

:iagree:  VERY COOL STORY.

Fred

Quote from: TUFCAT on March 15, 2012, 09:32:04 PM
Quote from: chargerjy9 on March 15, 2012, 06:38:33 AM
I stare at my 73 all the time. I love the sexy, sinewy lines, the sculptural beauty of the intersecting surfaces.  I worked on that car in the styling studios of Chrysler, back when as a clay sculptor. it has meaning... ( I know I am going to take heat for this, but....). I can stare at my 11 R/T in the same manner. it, as well, captures that look in my eyes. the last project I worked on at Chrysler, the day I retired, it was the last thing I saw before I left the building. I took a good long look, trying to bring up 35 years of memories in my last moment there. both cars are special and have meaning for me

:iagree:  VERY COOL STORY.

:2thumbs:

Ghoste

Yes, you definitely have a different take on it than any of the rest of us.

Oh, and thank you btw.  :cheers:

freddyd02

I'm in the middle of restoring mine and i find myself staring at it for 20mins or so getting excited with the progress Ive made also staring to figure out what I'm doing next  :drool5: :icon_smile_big: