News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Staring at your Charger

Started by Ghoste, March 11, 2012, 10:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBLCK11

:2thumbs: I definitely love to sit and just gaze at the car.  I also take a peek under the covers now and again, in the winter months.

Hey Skip, as long as the car isn't talking back to you, besides through the exhaust!   ;)

bakerhillpins

Did just that today. Drove the 30min to check on a few things and I got caught more than once by the boys.. Was good to look her over. I can't wait for mud season to end..

:yesnod:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

I need to get the Coronet out and stare it down...... it hasn't seen the light of day since June of last year.

JT01

I do all the time. Just cant help it

Patronus

I like running the polishing cloth down those hips.. I look through the shop manual sometimes and think at how much they put into this car, each year.. over and over. They will never make them like this again.  :'(
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

elanmars

I used to love doing that-plus take a bunch of pics...
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

resq302

Maybe it is just me but does anyone else just get in and sit behind the wheel with the engine off and absorb the distinct interior smell that these give off?  Ok, maybe its just me and Ive taken in a little too many paint fumes from working on oil filters lately.    :lol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BigBlackDodge

What I'd really like to see is my car going down the road.......but I'm the only who drives it! :-\

BBD

myk

Quote from: resq302 on March 11, 2012, 08:58:59 PM
Maybe it is just me but does anyone else just get in and sit behind the wheel with the engine off and absorb the distinct interior smell that these give off?  Ok, maybe its just me and Ive taken in a little too many paint fumes from working on oil filters lately.    :lol:

Nothing like the poignant aroma of cheap vinyl, oil and gasoline combined to get the blood flowing.  Seriously.  If someone were to market that as a cologne I would buy it...

resq302

Quote from: myk on March 11, 2012, 09:17:14 PM
Quote from: resq302 on March 11, 2012, 08:58:59 PM

Nothing like the poignant aroma of cheap vinyl, oil and gasoline combined to get the blood flowing.  Seriously.  If someone were to market that as a cologne I would buy it...

I dont know about a cologne, but definitely an air freshener!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

xpbprox

OH YEAH but the thing i enjoy looking at the most is the underside. I just just like hanging out under there and looking at the suspension and everything. I do this with all my vehicles haha

A383Wing

I admit I do it at times as well...I just stand there looking,......thinking......and say....why.......  :brickwall:

Bryan

Fred

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on March 11, 2012, 09:06:52 PM
What I'd really like to see is my car going down the road.......but I'm the only who drives it! :-\

BBD

That's exactly what I'd like to see too..............my car that it not yours ha ha!!  :2thumbs:
Like you, I'm always driving it too and I'd really like just once to be able to say WOW! as it goes by.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Bob T

I look at the way people look at it when the cover came off for the first time publicly

The Shape of the profile, grille, taillights and the 10'' Magnums do it for me also, looks fast just parked up

Quote from: Fred on March 11, 2012, 11:15:11 PM

BBD

That's exactly what I'd like to see too..............my car that it not yours ha ha!!  :2thumbs:
Like you, I'm always driving it too and I'd really like just once to be able to say WOW! as it goes by.

Fred , do you need me to pop over and drive your car for you  :D happy to oblige mate. Tell your wife I drove the 900hp RR the other week, incredible it was too  :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Fred

Quote from: Bob T on March 11, 2012, 11:26:48 PM
I look at the way people look at it when the cover came off for the first time publicly

The Shape of the profile, grille, taillights and the 10'' Magnums do it for me also, looks fast just parked up

BBD

That's exactly what I'd like to see too..............my car that it not yours ha ha!!  :2thumbs:

Fred , do you need me to pop over and drive your car for you  :D happy to oblige mate. Tell your wife I drove the 900hp RR the other week, incredible it was too  :icon_smile_big:

Thanks mate. If you lived closer that would be the way to go. The wife (Erika) said she'd take it out and I can follow in the daily driver and get a good look but she knows that won't satisfy me for long because when I see it, I want to get behind the wheel  :lol: bit of a catch 22.
Hows yours coming along?
p/s Erika says to tell you she's jealous! Iwas thinking of getting her one...........but another project means I'll have less time to drive so I'm not sure.

skip68

Just get the wife to video you or set up a tripod and shoot videos of you driving doing donuts and power slides.   That's what I've done.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Fred

It all sounds good..................the thing is.................I'm too fast and can't be captured on film!!  :drive:
Wife has given up! :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

A few guys wrote.... "They did this car right."
I agree. Now the 71 model.....?  Going from the 70 model to the 71 must have been like going to bed with Jennifer Aniston and waking up with Roseanne Barr. Sorry 3rd gen guys....

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

myk

I've come to respect and finally like the 3rd gen over the last 18 years that Dodge Chargers have been in my life, although the car has to be built a certain way, such as the right colors, wheels, motor, options, etc.  Otherwise the way some 3rd gens are set up they're like total faux-luxo barges, or whatever Chrysler was trying to do with those things back then.  What really drew my attention to the 3rd gen is that they're naturally better road-course warriors because of their wider track-sorry 2nd Gen guys...

cavemanno1

BBD

That's exactly what I'd like to see too..............my car that it not yours ha ha!!  :2thumbs:

Fred,you don't want your wife driving her!My wife hooked on driving her after the first time and had to "fight" over who is driving her now!I have to tell you that it made me so proud seeing my wife driving our charger!It felt so good seeing her smiling from ear to ear and burning the rubber "accidentally" !When bikers followed us and saw her driving we heard them shouting fu.k it's a girl driving it!Nothing sexier then a woman steps out from a charger with black long hair,high heels and sexy dress with big sunglasses :drool5: I'm a perv i know but man wow.....

Happy to help you Fred as well i even pay for my ticket just make some space for me in the garage where i can sleep!I got one more month till have to go back to work so shoot me a pm and I'm on my way!Or any of you guys need any help I'm free!

I used to kissed her every time i entered the garage or left and talked to her!Wife always looked crossed and wanted a kiss as well so i didn't mind doing it every time!I never though i would miss her that much   :'(  The first charger is like your first love!Girls come and go but you always remember the first one!

Peter  

Magnumcharger

I may be wrong, and I'll readily admit it too, but I think that the most of us are hardwired to love the shape of a second Gen Charger because....

It replicates the waist-to-hip ratio of a curvy woman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waist%E2%80%93hip_ratio

And most, if not all of us, are genetically predisposed to appreciate this shape, whether it's on a woman of childbearing disposition, or on our favorite car.

This shape fascination could also explain the success of a certain soft drink manufacturer.
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

BIGBLCK11

I WISH my car could give birth, to another 2nd gen. Charger(a FREE one)!   :2thumbs: 

Musicman

Yes, I stare at my car... Hell, I even stare at pictures of my car. :yesnod: