News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger from the fast and furiuos...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, March 11, 2012, 08:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1974dodgecharger

I have to say the charger from the fast and furious series get some of the best screen time even if the blower is fake. Seeing that 68/70 hybrid charger in No 4 sitting in doms sister room is pretty badass with the whole front gone and she was rebuilding it for him with that blower sitting on top. Then in the original where its sitting in the garage just waiting to be woken up and driven till death is badass alone. Call it what you will fake, cheesy, etc, but the fast and furious series has to be one of the best car shows in history protrarying the 2nd gen charger.

model maker

It was also powered by a chevy engine according to an article in road & trac magazine.
MODEL MAKER

MoparMotel

1968 Dodge Charger

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: MoparMotel on March 11, 2012, 12:32:32 PM
This guy was building one... Bad ass looking car:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/2860866782.html

poor guy ran out of funds though the engine alone was probably 20k to 30k he has into it and then he tried to sell it awhile ago for 35k NO TAKERS and now back up to 50k.

Rolling_Thunder

for that much money and an incomplete car I would expect a hemi...      :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Drache

Quote from: model maker on March 11, 2012, 12:26:21 PM
It was also powered by a chevy engine according to an article in road & trac magazine.

The driving one was because it was cheaper to replace a chevy engine than a dodge (and they supposedly went through a couple). The other three cars weren't running  :icon_smile_big:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Drache on March 11, 2012, 07:10:45 PM

The driving one was because it was cheaper to replace a chevy engine than a dodge (and they supposedly went through a couple). The other three cars weren't running  :icon_smile_big:
i've heard the chev engines are easier to get and repair. if they're building four identical cars, it's just easier to throw crate motors in them.

Drache

Quote from: aussiemuscle on March 11, 2012, 10:44:12 PM
Quote from: Drache on March 11, 2012, 07:10:45 PM

i've heard the chev engines are easier to get and repair. if they're building four identical cars, it's just easier to throw crate motors in them.

Id rather have them destroy chevy engines than dodge engines :D

They took a page from Vanishing Point! Don't destroy a Challenger, destroy a Camaro instead!  :rofl:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mike DC

Quotei've heard the chev engines are easier to get and repair. if they're building four identical cars, it's just easier to throw crate motors in them.

It's not just the half a dozen Chargers that got Chevy motors.  The movie's car supplier puts the same generic engine/tranny/brake combos in all the old RWD musclecars they rent to any movie.  Ford, GM, and Mopar.  

It's not even the price of the GM crate motors so much as the service issues.  They would be putting Mopar crate Hemis in all the cars if that's what they could get fixed the quickest in the middle of rural Mexico at 3:00 a.m.  The overhead costs of a film production are tens of thousands of dollars per HOUR

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on March 13, 2012, 01:07:26 AM
Quotei've heard the chev engines are easier to get and repair. if they're building four identical cars, it's just easier to throw crate motors in them.

It's not just the half a dozen Chargers that got Chevy motors.  The movie's car supplier puts the same generic engine/tranny/brake combos in all the old RWD musclecars they rent to any movie.  Ford, GM, and Mopar.  

It's not even the price of the GM crate motors so much as the service issues.  They would be putting Mopar crate Hemis in all the cars if that's what they could get fixed the quickest in the middle of rural Mexico at 3:00 a.m.  The overhead costs of a film production are tens of thousands of dollars per HOUR

per hour...WOWZERS

myk

Dom's sister wasn't rebuilding the Charger, his girlfriend was.  On another note I liked the way they did the interior, or lack of on that Charger-stripped, with a rollcage, sheet metal instead of interior panels and another piece of sheetmetal that housed the gauges.  I just might have to look into this, lol...