News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cuda Style Hood on 1968 Charger

Started by Old Moparz, March 09, 2012, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BIGBLCK11

How's this? Quick PS on a low-res pic.

A383Wing

I like it...now I think I want one for the Daytona

Bryan

edit: (seems they don't make one for a 70 hood.....sigh)

kab69440

Oh yeah? Well, they didn't make a 70 Runner power bulge to fit a 69 Charger either, yet my car is wearing one. Don't be afraid, start chopping!
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

model maker

Did you guys see the post where a challenger had a 70 charger front end ? it fit perfectly and at first you thought you were looking at a 70 Charger and then the last half of the car made you look to try & fiqure out WHAT it was.
MODEL MAKER

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

model maker

They are sure getting imaginitive.
MODEL MAKER

cdr

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 10, 2012, 12:40:05 AM
Quote from: Budnicks on March 09, 2012, 11:20:45 PM
I've seen much allot worse, I'm kind of undecided really  :shruggy:..., I love the short video with the little dog into the bushes  :smilielol: :smilielol:

I like it, but I don't know if I'd get that hood either. I just thought it was interesting enough to post.

Yeah, the dog video is hilarious, I like that much better than the hood.   :lol:

Quote from: Patronus on March 09, 2012, 11:37:03 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89612.0.html                                   PLEASE FIND THE DOGS,THEY GOT AWAY & TOOK THE VIDEO

Didn't see that topic but I knew there was a really old thread with the photo of the '69 with the same hood & the snow flakes falling.   :2thumbs:

By the way, I've heard & read that Showcars Fiberglass Parts in Canada has a pretty poor quality & reliability record.  :Twocents:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

64dartgt

I like the cuda style hood.  I thought about doing this on my 73...but I lack the metal working skills at the moment.

In one sense, third gens, like my 73 are such bastard stepchildren you should do whatever you want, but on the other hand some stuff does look weird.  There are enough of jacked up / hacked up 3rd gens in the world already!

I really  like the way the flat hood looks with the rest of the body, but have toyed with the idea and have seen the twin surface mount a-body scoops and they looked pretty good.  

Some guy on ebay was selling a fiberglass shaker hood for 3rd gens, but it was $1500.  Shaker is just awesome.  He didn't have a finished photo with it all painted up though.  Seems like you could convert a flat hood, but it would be a challenge without templates for some of us rookie metalworking types.

I don't like 6 pack hoods...they look too short for the long hood in my opinion.  

I like the idea of putting 71 RT stripes on my 73, but if I went with a bulge hood I would like to have the cowl vents, which don't come on fiberglass hoods for obvious reasons.  Keeping my eyes open for a metal one...but isn't just about everyone?  VFN has a great price on a glass hood ($495) though and what I have read about them seems good.

model maker

I have seen the R/T hoods made for dodge trucks such as the Ramchargers of the 80-90's looks pretty darn good. If I still had my 85 ramCharger, i would have purchased one. i saw them in a magazine   MOPAR MUSCLE & THE HOODS WERE AT www.aarqualityfiberglass.com
MODEL MAKER

eabbey

crj1968

Quote from: F8-4life on March 10, 2012, 12:00:11 PM
I do wish the factory had offered a '70 style air grabber hood for chargers I think that would have been way cool.

^ this- I agree, hardly noticeable but so cool when it opens.

chargerbr549

70 Charger with 70 RoadRunner Airgrabber pics, I think it would have been a great option to have. IMO

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,74697.0.html

Mike DC

The Air Grabber wouldn't be a bad idea.  But in general the 68-70 design favors a flat hood.  Some designs are like that. 

A383Wing

I thought about this one for my car, but going a different route now

VegasCharger

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: A383Wing on February 02, 2016, 11:35:07 PM

Good thing.

Mytur Binsdirti

lukedukem

Quote from: A383Wing on February 02, 2016, 11:35:07 PM

is the top of that car dented in or is it the lighting

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Charger_Fan

How about a '72 Torino GT scoop? :icon_smile_big:

BTW, I like how some newbie bumps a 4 year old thread to the top & we just run with it. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Lennard

Quote from: Charger_Fan on February 03, 2016, 11:45:04 AM
BTW, I like how some newbie bumps a 4 year old thread to the top & we just run with it. :lol:
The newbie must be related to kerndog. :icon_smile_big:

70 sublime

Not sure how well this would work if it could get enough air
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

under hood

not completed yet
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 03, 2016, 12:27:49 PM
Not sure how well this would work if it could get enough air
Hard to say, maybe if he made them taller, so they would open a bit farther...?

Here's a local car from a few years ago.

I think the '70 Coronet scoop looks pretty sweet. :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

Lighthorseman

While not a huge fan of the Chev-type cowl scoops, I have never seen the Coronet scoops on a 2nd Gen.  That actually looks pretty cool.  I do, however, doubt that MTD will like it!

Are there any other shots of this setup?