News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cuda Style Hood on 1968 Charger

Started by Old Moparz, March 09, 2012, 11:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

I know we had a topic for non stock hoods but I can't find it.   :shruggy:

Anyway, I just saw this car on ebay & thought the fiberglass hood that's on it looks decent. As much as I like the stock hood, it's too bad they never had any other options available with fresh air set ups.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Budnicks

I've seen much allot worse, I'm kind of undecided really  :shruggy:..., I love the short video with the little dog into the bushes  :smilielol: :smilielol:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Patronus

'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

charger_fan_4ever

Years ago there was a tripple black 68 R/T that ran at napierville dragway in quebec. Car was from Ny i believe. It had a scoop off a 69 1/2 6 pak bee/RR. Looked pretty sharp. Mind you it was on big and little weld prostars too.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Budnicks on March 09, 2012, 11:20:45 PM
I've seen much allot worse, I'm kind of undecided really  :shruggy:..., I love the short video with the little dog into the bushes  :smilielol: :smilielol:

I like it, but I don't know if I'd get that hood either. I just thought it was interesting enough to post.

Yeah, the dog video is hilarious, I like that much better than the hood.   :lol:

Quote from: Patronus on March 09, 2012, 11:37:03 PM
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89612.0.html

Didn't see that topic but I knew there was a really old thread with the photo of the '69 with the same hood & the snow flakes falling.   :2thumbs:

By the way, I've heard & read that Showcars Fiberglass Parts in Canada has a pretty poor quality & reliability record.  :Twocents:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Fred

I don't like it. Looks all wrong to me.  :Twocents:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

HANDM

Matter of opinion and taste, and mine tells me that the/ a Charger needs no alteration......

kab69440

Nothing and I repeat nothing has ever left an assembly line "good enough".  Period.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Marck

Ghoste

Quote from: kab69440 on March 10, 2012, 02:39:46 AM
Nothing and I repeat nothing has ever left an assembly line "good enough".  Period.

Disagree.  The 2nd generation Charger was perfect.  Sure you can add some aftermarket wheels or some subtle things like that  but the options are so limited before it begins to look bad that you may as well admit the factory had it right.  And even then, the car would still be smack down awesome without them.  And when it comes to major components like interiors or body lines, they were perfect when built.  Period. :lol:

kab69440

Nuh-uh. The first gens had awesome interiors. Second gens got the generic B-body treatment.  As for the body, whomever thought that giant booger in the center of the hood's leading edge was a good idea needs his teeth kicked down his throat. I made a point to cut that out, and I loved the result.  Let's not even go into how that huge and largely unsupported chunk of styrene that passes for the second gen's grille grows cracks and warps just sitting in the garage...   Beautiful? Absolutely.   Perfect? Absolutely not.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

Perfect.  Not even worth discussion.lol

Being serious for a moment, that ridge in the hood and the grille are two of the features I especially like. lol

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on March 10, 2012, 08:27:24 AM
Perfect.  Not even worth discussion.lol

Being serious for a moment, that ridge in the hood and the grille are two of the features I especially like. lol

I love the 2nd generation & almost agree that it's perfect, but I seem to recall that the turn signal wells in the hood collected dirt, pollen dust, tree droppings, & water that left stains.

Always hated having to clean that area when I had my '69 as a daily driver in the early 80's.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

Hey, no one said perfection didn't come at a price.

Old Moparz

Quote from: Ghoste on March 10, 2012, 11:12:53 AM
Hey, no one said perfection didn't come at a price.

Well, my price was a garage.   :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

F8-4life

I think that hood looks nasty. Although I don't even like it on cuda's haha. I do wish the factory had offered a '70 style air grabber hood for chargers I think that would have been way cool.

Indygenerallee

I think the only one I have seen that I like was a Challenger T/A scoop looked right, That one does not look right at all hood is to "busy" the 2nd gen Chargers are badass they don't need hood scoops!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

model maker

This is about the 4th hood i have seen on a charger that didn't belong and i am surprised at how well they fit each time, still on the fence with this one.
MODEL MAKER

surmanajaja

I kinda like it. I have seen shakers, 69 a12 sixpack scoops and max wedge scoops on chargers and only style of scoop that always looks BAD is the rounded "pro stock" style that really ruins the lines of the 2nd gen. but I would not put a scoop on my car.

Indygenerallee

Surmanajaja your right those rounded "pro stock" scoops make me wanna barf everytime I see one on a Mopar, be better if you had to run one, run the old Mopar S/S hoodscoop (looks like a breadbox!)
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Roger 68 charger

I've had this hood for quite awhile.
68 charger RT 505"
70 cuda
99 Durango

A383Wing

I vote "Yes, I like the 'Cuda hood" in the first post in this thread...

Bryan

bakerhillpins

Looks ok to me. I think part of the hesitation I have with it is that I am not quite sure I like cars where the hood is a different color than the body.  Like this hood better than some others I have seen.  :Twocents:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

A383Wing

Quote from: bakerhillpins on March 10, 2012, 08:32:17 PM
Looks ok to me. I think part of the hesitation I have with it is that I am not quite sure I like cars where the hood is a different color than the body.  Like this hood better than some others I have seen.  :Twocents:

I agree...maybe someone here with photoshop skills can change the hood color to match the body and give us a better idea of what it would look like

Bryan  (where's Mike when ya need him most!)  :shruggy:

Joshua

Wow....when I saw the title of this thread I had to open it just to see the abortion of a 'Cuda hood on a Charger.....but it actually doesn't look bad....