News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

position of power window switches

Started by ChargerST, March 07, 2012, 12:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerST

Thinking about converting my 70 Charger to power windows by using one of the cheap universal kits that attach to the manual crank. Are the power window switches in the same position as the manual cranks? I heard that the door panels have markings of the switch position - true? My Charger is still in storage so I can't check.

If the manual crank is in the way for the switches I either have to relocate the switches or shim the regulators (as some people have done before).

any pictures of the backside of a 70 Charger door panel? and/or a picture showing factory PW switches in a 70 Charger?

A383Wing

I got a pair of 66 Chargers here..one with power windows, one without...the switches and manual crank handle are in the same place...the door panels on my 66's have cut outs for the power window switches..probably the same way on second gen car as as well

Bryan

moparfan53

Yes, the panel is marked on the rear. Here is pic of a 69 panel. You can see the faint rectangular outline of where it would be cut out for the switch.  

ChargerST

Thanks guys  :2thumbs:

I'll try to come up with something that will let me use a universal pw kit and still put the switches in the correct position.