News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where to find door striker screws?

Started by Calif240, March 07, 2012, 05:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calif240

Guys,
I'm getting everything put back together and I have a few stripped out door striker screws that I need replaced for my '69 Charger. I can't find them anywhere though. I've checked all of the places I know and where I've shopped before. I was hoping someone knew of someplace to order new ones. These are the screws that position the "C" striker to the door post. There are three per side and they are aluminum.
Any leads are appreciated.

Thanks,
Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

Calif240

Thanks... I didn't even think to check Ebay since I don't shop there much... I've looked on YearOne, Classic Industries, Herb's, BEA, PG, Roseville, Layson's, Dante's, and even checked the Mopar Performance Trade Show in Indy. Thanks again...

Terry
Indianapolis '69 Charger. RestoMod.

bill440rt

Try Mega Parts. They carry lots of hard to find stuff like hardware.
You could also try Bill at A&M High Tech Auto. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Just 6T9 CHGR

:slap:  how'd I miss yours Bill?  Sorry bro!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

gtx6970

While the subject is at hand

Anyone found black phosphate door latch screws in a 2nd gen??????? ( the short ones )

bill440rt

Quote from: gtx6970 on March 08, 2012, 06:24:21 PM
While the subject is at hand

Anyone found black phosphate door latch screws in a 2nd gen??????? ( the short ones )

Bill, like the ones in your auction only shorter?
Mine were black.  :yesnod:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

gtx6970

Interesting.
every set I pulled out of parts cars a few years ago, were clear zinc.

then I pull a set out of the 69 Charger in the shop and they are black.

pulled a set out of the 68 charger in the shop and they are clear zinc

FJ5WING

wingless now, but still around.