News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Did all RT's have the tic tok tach?

Started by tpetty, March 07, 2012, 04:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpetty

I asked the owner about the gauges in this car.

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dodge/charger_r_t/1356238.html

Looks like they need restored.  It doesn't have a tach -- but is supposed to be a numbers matching RT.  I don't mind the column shift (I would put in a buddy seat, and then actually be able to hold the entire family of 6).  I guess I had assumed all RT's would have a tach.  Not true?

Anything else on the car that jumps out?  If it's legit, I may pay to have it inspected.  I'd love a black RT.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

No.  Standard tach was only in the 66 and 67 and by 1970, even the clock became optional.

1969chargerrtse

My car is a loaded R/T SE.  It has a tic toc tach.
But it didn't in 1969 when it was new.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

rarefish

I see it all the time. People advertizing that the car has a Tic-toc-tach when it only has the clock.  A very confusing option.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: rarefish on March 07, 2012, 04:49:49 PM
I see it all the time. People advertizing that the car has a Tic-toc-tach when it only has the clock.  A very confusing option.

And don't try telling them.

The last two 4 gear cars I owned were tach & clock delete.

A383Wing

yea...so you had the "Test Pattern" dash, huh?

Bryan

bull

For $45,000 my "frame off" restoration would include undercoating in the wheel wells and a restored dash cluster.

moparfan53

Quote from: tpetty on March 07, 2012, 04:06:56 PM
Anything else on the car that jumps out?

Not a big deal, but since you asked..... ;)
The "Charger" scripts on the sail panel area are missing.  Great looking car though!  :drool5: