News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuild questions

Started by Inked_Ghandi, March 19, 2012, 06:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inked_Ghandi

So I was talking to a Jegs tech rep, and he had told me that in order to rebuild my engine to the specs I want I absolutely must buy heads. He told me that the pistons really don't have much to do with compression as the heads do. This seems to be quite contradictory from what some of you fellas have told me on here. So I was just wondering who is right and if I could get buy with just buying the cam, intake, and carb that was recommended to me buy a few of you?

-Derek-
"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winning is winning."

USAF AMMO

Challenger340

Dunno what Engine you are referring to ?
Generally speaking, if it's a 440, Pistons are VERY important and have most to do with compression, especially if it's been redone with "jobber" Pistons or is a factory smogger block(post '70).
Tell the Jegs rep to stick with sb Chevs and Ferds.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Inked_Ghandi

yeah its the 440. I always leave that part out

USAF AMMO

Challenger340

Quote from: Inked_Ghandi on March 19, 2012, 06:36:18 PM
yeah its the 440. I always leave that part out
Check how far down the hole your Pistons are at TDC, BEFORE doing or buying ANYTHING !
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Inked_Ghandi

Ok that is really good advice. I almost started buying all the parts for it now so I would have them for a later time.

USAF AMMO