News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

best place to wire aftermarket tach?

Started by nrt69, March 06, 2012, 08:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrt69

ive got a sunpro super tach II mounted in front of my radio. the wires are routed through the old a/c vents.

does anyone have an ideal or recommended location for the red power wire? right now i have it temporarily stuck next to a fuse.

also, my dash lighting hasnt worked in a while. i think its related to my dimmer switch. where can i splice into with the white wire for the tach light - that wont rely on the gauge lighting? anywhere?

terrible one

I used the same tach. I put a blade terminal on the end of my power wire and attached it here at the fuse box, which gets power when the key is ON and happened to not be in use. Yours may be a bit different depending on options, etc.

billschroeder5842

I agree, keep your wires running tothe fuse box. that solution will work and it won't mess up anything else under your dash.
Texas Proud!

nrt69

how about the white wire for the tach light?

terrible one

Put a male bullet on the end of it and plug it into a free spot in the triple female bullet connector that the ash tray light plugs into. :2thumbs:

Chryco Psycho