News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear axle wheel bearings...where do you get tapereds?

Started by madmike, March 07, 2012, 02:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike

'68 Charger, 8 3/4" rear end.  I'd like to replace my rear wheel bearings, with tapered roller bearings just like original.  Who makes a kit, that includes bearings and seals?  Every where I look, I see kits for the 'Green' roller bearings, but nothing for the tapereds.

I'm just wondering where you get your stuff, I'm kind of in a hurry...!

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

John_Kunkel

Any decent auto supply will have the bearings (ask for A7) and seals but not as a kit...you'll have to source the bearings and seals separately.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

BIGBLCK11

If you have O'Reilly Auto parts in your area, they stock them at their warehouse.  Could order online, if not

I heard BCA are as good as Timken.

BCA # is A-7 for the bearings, National #'s for the seals: inner  8695S, outer 8704S. gaskets for the housings Fel-pro  #13800 or 55032

madmike

Thank you for the advice fellers.  I did find the bearings at an O'Reillys, but they weren't sure of the seal numbers, and did not have the parts in 'kit' form.  But since you guys have provided part numbers, maybe they can find it.  Thanks again!

Chatt69chgr