News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

yankyard.....many mopars just rusting away

Started by tomix, March 05, 2012, 01:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chargershane

Sad to see!!! Looks like some good projects in there. :brickwall:

shorty442

Tomix,

These are all at one location?
Must be a huge place! 
Wear out your shutter finger?
How many hankies used between the drooling and tears?

Seriously, thanks for sharing.  Some of us are now at an age and deterioration that wandering a junkyard, let alone a huge wooded site, is nigh onto impossible these days.  We have to live vicariously thru you folks who can still do it and take the time to post/share the pics!

Again, kudos for the efforts.   :2thumbs:
Randy

spoolinhard

This is the Green Junkyard in Road Island. Do a search of it on the internet, its all over the place. The guy used to pull these cars off the side of the road back in the day, thats why so many of them are wrecked. Apparently the old man is very difficult to deal with. Some will get parts from him, others will not get in based on looks alone from what I have heard. Also the guy is being forced to crush alot of these cars. Im sure that many of them in those pics are no more.

The guy has another yard a few miles away with stuff that is alot nicer. Ive heard rumors of hemi cars. Heck, if you look through the picks there is a 69 coronet R/T that has Hemi scribbled on the windshield. Makes one wonder.

Mikesmoparperformance

Would be cool to go there :popcrn:! It is a shame that is hard to get some of the cars :slap: that are still in good shape :drool5: !
You should be able to buy them all :Twocents:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

472 R/T SE

Quote from: spoolinhard on March 05, 2012, 05:54:18 PM

The guy has another yard a few miles away with stuff that is alot nicer. Ive heard rumors of hemi cars. Heck, if you look through the picks there is a 69 coronet R/T that has Hemi scribbled on the windshield. Makes one wonder.

Which pic is that.  I can only look at about 10 pix before my puter freezes up & I have to start over.   :icon_smile_angry:

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

spoolinhard

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 05, 2012, 06:42:48 PM

Which pic is that.  I can only look at about 10 pix before my puter freezes up & I have to start over.   :icon_smile_angry:

this one:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/?action=view&current=DSCF4294.jpg

spoolinhard

Quote from: Fred on March 05, 2012, 07:16:55 PM
When I die, that's where I want to go!  :2thumbs:

Hmmm........ a Frozen junkyard with lots of rotting iron that will never get saved.... Sounds more like hell to me :brickwall:

Fred

Quote from: spoolinhard on March 05, 2012, 08:14:44 PM
Quote from: Fred on March 05, 2012, 07:16:55 PM
When I die, that's where I want to go!  :2thumbs:

Hmmm........ a Frozen junkyard with lots of rotting iron that will never get saved.... Sounds more like hell to me :brickwall:

I never said it was heaven..................just where I want to be. ashes to ashes  rust to rust.  :yesnod:

472 R/T SE

Quote from: spoolinhard on March 05, 2012, 08:13:35 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on March 05, 2012, 06:42:48 PM

this one:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/?action=view&current=DSCF4294.jpg

Looks like a standard hood.  Did all '69 Coronet R/T's with a Hemi get the N96 hood?

spoolinhard

We can only speculate. "Hemi" on the windshield means nothing without a VIN.

Ghoste

But yes, the Ramcharger hood was standard with a Hemi in this case.

DAY CLONA

Been there, the place is a shit-hole, the cars are wasted beyond repair, tons of crap, it's just too bad the old man waited so long to move it, his pricing is higher than Frank Mitchell's,..... guy thinks he has "Gold", when all he has is rusted shit, plus the "experience" of going there and dealing with "junior" and the "others" is like a day out of "Deliverance",...I didn't know there where rednecks in RI,....pretty scary

Kern Dog

Wear a bullet proof vest and iron underwear when visiting, and refrain from smiling. They like them pretty mouths in 'dem parts.....

Fred

Or better still...............stay away!

(I'm only going there after I'm dead!!)

Kern Dog

Oh, and uhh.... I never heard of a wrecking yard being referred to as a "Yankyard" That sounds like a field full of gay men playing with each other. I don't want to go ANYwhere near that place.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: DAY CLONA on March 06, 2012, 12:00:08 AM
Been there, the place is a shit-hole, the cars are wasted beyond repair, tons of crap, it's just too bad the old man waited so long to move it, his pricing is higher than Frank Mitchell's,..... guy thinks he has "Gold", when all he has is rusted shit, plus the "experience" of going there and dealing with "junior" and the "others" is like a day out of "Deliverance",...I didn't know there where rednecks in RI,....pretty scary

Sounds like quite the experience.

Ghoste

Did this place come up for discussion a couple of years back?

Aero426