News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

color change on fully restored Bird

Started by FJ5WING, February 25, 2012, 08:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

held1823

Quote from: FJ5WING on March 03, 2012, 07:53:49 AM
...I realized on several occassions people have told me they like the R/T better than the Bird.  

while i wouldn't leave the wife (superbird) for her , that mistress (1968 r/t droptop) would make me the most unfaithful bastard on the planet....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

rainbow4jd

In the process of restoring my bird and the paint job will run me in excess of $10K.    In your case - it would probably run in excess of $15K, because of disassembly required.

If you think you will get $15K worth of fun and personal satisfaction - paint the car and have at it.    If you will always regret doing it and wish you had an extra $15K laying around - don't do it.

Pretty simple call in my book.

Scaregrabber

Allow double the cost of a complete colour change.Say $20k for a quality job when you change it now and then another $20k before you go to sell it to make it right again.

Sheldon

FJ5WING

I appreciate the continuing opinions but I have decided to not change the color.

Im curious Sheldon why/how you figure it to be an additional 20K to change the color of a car thats not painted?
wingless now, but still around.

pettybird

sheldon is just stopping by and doesn't know your car is in pieces.

Scaregrabber

Sorry: I thought it was a fully restored car at this time. In that case there is no cost on the initial colour change. But honestly I would allow for the price of a colour change in the future if you wanted to sell it for full value. Where I live a quality job costs $20k on a perfect body.

Sheldon

hotrod98

Maybe I should repaint my bird back to it's original color of yellow... Don't think so. At least not right now. I will admit that yellow would be a lot cooler to the touch on those 117 degree days we've been getting the last couple of years.

Most people think my bird's a clone. Maybe it's because of the black paint, air grabber hood, the lack of a vinyl top, the missing front rubber bumper and the absence of a few decals.

If I were totally disassembling my car for some reason, I would most likely paint it back to the correct color. At my age, you have to start thinking about possibly selling it at some point. And, the correct color is worth somewhere between 10 and 20k more in my opinion. Unless it was some famous car that had the color changed early in it's life. Wait, that might apply to my car. It's been black since the early 80's and it's been known as the Black Ice car for most of it's life.

Anyway, I say go back to the correct color.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams