News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use a goodmark rear valence for 69 charger?

Started by Ryan, March 02, 2012, 03:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan

Has anyone used one? I'm not very happy with my AMD one and would like to try somthing else as its going to be 6 months before AMD has it fixed.
69 charger r/t Triple Black
   572 HEMI, Passion 5 speed, 4.10 Dana under construction

2014 viper TA

Charger-Bodie

The goodmark one ait bad ,but I think its missing the two ears that weld to the rear crossmember, between the rear bumperettes.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

spoolinhard

If you are unhappy with the contour where it meets the top of the valance corners, I would pull the valance back off and bang on it with a hammer and dolly until the contour is correct. If it can't be beaten into submission then I would break out the grinder and make it the way you need it! I have yet to get a single product from AMD that actually fit.

bill440rt

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 02, 2012, 06:43:00 PM
The goodmark one ait bad ,but I think its missing the two ears that weld to the rear crossmember, between the rear bumperettes.

I used one. Yep, the lower ears are missing so you'll either have to fab some or re-use your old ones if they still exist.
Fit wasn't all that bad, however the bumper holes don't line up so you have to enlarge them a bit. All of this repro metal out there needs some massaging to fit properly.
Good luck!  :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Ryan

Quote from: bill440rt on March 02, 2012, 09:52:33 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on March 02, 2012, 06:43:00 PM

I used one. Yep, the lower ears are missing so you'll either have to fab some or re-use your old ones if they still exist.
Fit wasn't all that bad, however the bumper holes don't line up so you have to enlarge them a bit. All of this repro metal out there needs some massaging to fit properly.
Good luck!  :2thumbs:

Does it fit better than this at the valence corners?

2014 viper TA

Silver R/T

I've installed one on my 68 and fit was pretty good.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ryan

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 03, 2012, 04:16:30 PM
I've installed one on my 68 and fit was pretty good.

Thanks. That looks good. I think I'll go ahead and purchase one. Hopefully between the goodmark and the AMD piece I'll be able to make a good valance.

2014 viper TA