News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anyone have any of these matchbox cars?

Started by Drache, April 02, 2008, 01:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenpigs

Quote from: troy.70R/T on March 22, 2012, 08:05:37 PM
Anybody ever seen one of these? the grill looks like a 70 Challenger and so does the rear end. but the side view looks more like a 71 Charger (notice the louvers in the rear quarter window) it has a 1970 Mattel date on the bottom. Is is also a Hotwheels. Just wondering cause I picked it up at an antique mall last weekend for $2.00

I have one also and a variation of the one posted, it has a solid center section.No rebel flag.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Road Dog

Thought I remember matchbox making a pink Charger funny car that the body lifted up?
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Road Dog

kab69440

Yes. I have several variations of each. There is also a PC Dixie Challenger that is minus the Stars &Bars on the roof. That Chally with the plastic roof has known several incarnations, as well.
I like the pink funny car better than the original Orange Peel. That one is in sweet shape, is it restored?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Road Dog

71charger_fan

I'm pretty sure there's a Red Rider in a box in the basement, but I never liked those exaggerated models.

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Charger RT

all of these matchbox are newer then my collection
Tim

aussiemuscle

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 04, 2008, 07:11:32 PM
here's all my orig one's from when i was a kid.... i have all the newer one's that i buy upstairs, in a big old trunk. i usually only pick up the muscle cars now.. not all the funky lookin one's.

wow, your collection looks just like mine before i gave them away. many of the same cars too (like that gold pull back thing).

fwiw, they aren't worth much unless they are in mint condition with it's original box.

greymag

I have an oddball 3D series blue 1970 Dodge Daytona with orange stripes and a 22 on the side. Still in the box.

RiverRaider

Here is a picture of some of mine.  The Thundershift 500 track was really hard
on cars back in the day. 
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

FJ5WING

I never went for the unrealistic looking models from Matchbox,Hot Wheels or Johnny Lightning, I always wanted my cars to look like the ones onthe street or TV.

Im also guilty of losing my collection to hammers, But I also would throw them as hard as I could against a concrete wall and assess each impact as to the realism of a collision.
wingless now, but still around.