News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cluster resto

Started by tylerk, March 01, 2012, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylerk

For anyone who has tackled the cluster restoration themselves, I'm considering that route. I know sending it off can get pricey in a hurry.  I found this kit on eBay, from Mr. Heaterbox.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360260654006?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Says it includes:

150 Speedometer face
Oil gauge face
Temperature gauge face
Ammeter gauge face
Fuel gauge face
Odometer wheel refacing kit
Choice of rallye clock or tic toc tach decal
Choice of AC or Non-AC heater controls decals
Full neoprene overhaul gasket set (bulkhead, high beams, turn signals, emergency lense)
Clock time set shaft round gasket (if clock decal face option chosen)

New correct colour and texture GREEN turn signal lenses (qyt 2)
Emergency Brake System  decal for refacing the red emerg brake lens
Speedometer needle paint mask (to make painting that pesky speedo needle much easier)

Fully Electronic Dash Voltage Regulator / Limiter
Cardboard dash limiter insulator )that goes between circuit board and limiter tabs)

incredibly detailed with actual pictures 12 page instruction manual
one page directions sheet (Instructions for People that Don't Read Instructions)

My first question is - is this a good price or too high? I'm not sure what I'm looking at really so any of you guys' input would be most appreciated. Second, is there anything else that I'd need that isn't included in this kit? I currently have no way to test my cluster as my car is stripped down to the bones. Would I be better off sending it off and having it professionally done, or is this something a novice can handle? Thank you kindly!  :cheers:

bull

Not sure about the price but you're going to want to read through this: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,37999.0.html