News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Last chance to buy a "DODGE" Charger?

Started by Ghoste, March 01, 2012, 01:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Old news I guess but I'm just learning about it now.  Apparently in a move as mindful of heritage as Daimler making the Charger a four door, the new Italian overlords have decided that Dodge cars will no longer be able to showcase the sporty side of the business?  As I understand (and I could be misinterpreting this all in a huge way) SRT is now a separate division and the Charger will be sold under that banner as will the 300, the Viper and the Challenger?
Am I misinformed or is this how it will be now?

bakerhillpins

Stupid seems like a woefully underpowered statement to attach to this if it's true but I will go with it anyhow.   :rotz:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Ghoste

Yeah, if I understand correctly their intent is for Dodge to be the cheap small car division.

stripedelete

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2012, 01:32:01 PM
Yeah, if I understand correctly their intent is for Dodge to be the cheap small car division.

Wouldn't that make it redundant with FIAT?

Ghoste

Hence unnecessary?  Sure would, they've already been divested of the trucks.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2012, 01:32:01 PM

YEAH DID YOU SEE THE DART 210....yeah dodge is moving to econo boxes of the honda civics!!!!  I guess they said they wanted to be more 'japan' like  :brickwall:

Ghoste

I guess when the new CAFE standards come out it will be easier to kill the SRT brand?

stripedelete

You must have some inside skinny.   The only thing  I can find is about unwinding the truck (2010).

Oh ya, and this:

http://cs.uns.edu.ar/~jechaiz/arquitectura/division/SRT.html

:icon_smile_big:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2012, 02:07:34 PM
I guess when the new CAFE standards come out it will be easier to kill the SRT brand?

The CAFE is just making it harder for the big block to survice unless they can cut off 4 cylinders in a car to make it run like a 4 banger and get 40mpg or something.

Ghoste

Quote from: stripedelete on March 01, 2012, 02:46:09 PM
You must have some inside skinny.  

Not hardly.  Just connecting some dots as it were, which is why I say I may be misinterpreting in a big way.  It could also be that just the SRT models are spun off into their own division.  (which seems equally poor planning to some idiot without education in the field)

stripedelete

What if the Dodge Division went away and you sold the Charger, Challenger, Cuda, ("extinct nameplate here") as Dodge Charger by Chrysler, The Plymouth Barracudda by Chrysler......? 

Eliminate a division and still leverage heritage.   :shruggy:

Why?  FIAT sounds better than Dodge?  :shruggy:

Ghoste

I don't know, if they are going to keep sullying nameplates that only mean something to the enthusiast anyway, why not just let rip?  The Challenger is fine right now of course but what happens when the big CAFE kicks in?  You'll need to sell a lot of little cars to offset the cool one.

Mikesmoparperformance

Say what :o :o :o :o :o :o :o This sucks Bad!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( Are they goning crazy ad dodge? :brickwall: :shruggy:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

stripedelete

I like to think Detroit won WWII - they can handle the new CAFE standards.   IMO we wouldn't be in half as bad shape as we are now if they weren't let off the hook so many times over the last 25 years.

Don't forget, electric and hybrid vehicles are part of the CAFE "fleet average".

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2012, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: stripedelete on March 01, 2012, 02:46:09 PM
You must have some inside skinny.  

Not hardly.  Just connecting some dots as it were, which is why I say I may be misinterpreting in a big way.  It could also be that just the SRT models are spun off into their own division.  (which seems equally poor planning to some idiot without education in the field)

the person will have a education, but not the experience big DIF!!!

Ghoste

I was referring to myself. :lol:
(although I do have some education but not marketing or business)

Darkman

Just think...all the folks out there who own 4 door SRT Chargers. Their values have just skyrocketed......instant classic overnight!
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

F8-4life

No real loss, I believe Dodge died sometime in the 1980's anyway.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: F8-4life on March 01, 2012, 05:38:12 PM
No real loss, I believe Dodge died sometime in the 1980's anyway.

I beg to differ based on opinion..... :brickwall:

Ghoste

stripedelete

For what-it's-worth:

After WWII the auto manufacturers retooled fairly quick, except Chrysler.  They chose to milk the prewar stuff for all it was worth.  It was profitable in the short run, but, it is argued that strategy put them in the back seat for the next 50 years.

Ghoste

I would argue in Chryslers case they were still stung from the Airflow incident.  They were fearful of leading for a long time preferring instead to follow trends set by GM. 

stripedelete

Quote from: Ghoste on March 01, 2012, 05:53:55 PM
preferring instead to follow trends set by GM. 

Nevertheless,  the "back seat".

Akron_Charger

well Penske just switched from Dodge to Ford after developing the new NASCAR Charger for next year. Does not make much sense that they would kill the Dodge version of the Charger after all of that but it does make you wonder what is up.

Fred

For me Dodge died after the last 3rd gen Charger was built.  :'(

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.