News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 standard door panels

Started by charger_fan_4ever, January 27, 2012, 12:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Is legendary the only company that reproduces the standard 70 door panel ?

I have a set of B&E new front upper door pads and planned on getting the rears along with the seat covers from Pg classic.

I called PG and the woman didn't seem to know what i was talking about when i said standard door panel. She said yes and theirs have map pockets. :scratchchin: Isn't the map pocket SE only ?

I'm afraid legendary door panels with PG seat covers and upper door pads won't match.

Maybe i should just sell off the uppers and get all legendary hmmm.

Ghoste

You are correct about the map pocket and if it were me, I would do the all Legendary option.

charger_fan_4ever

Are all armrests not the same length on 70's ? PG is asking for the length ?

Ghoste

The fronts are longer than the rears. 

charger_fan_4ever

Opps i meant to say isn't there only 1 length for the fronts ? They are asking me the length of the front armrests.

Ghoste

I believe so.  The base Charger had a much stripped overall trim to it for 70 but as far as I know the armrests were not shortened.  Dodge Don or Chris G will know for sure.  A number of other 70 model experts on here as well.

charger_fan_4ever

I'm getting a bad vibe from PG. I guess you'd be ok ordering off their website using the checkout cart. My requests have been by phone and email and the person on the other end seemed clueless on the door panels, now the armrest pad dilema.

I think I'll just go legendary.

GreenMachine

Charger and GTX had longer front armrests than the other B bodies I believe.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Ghoste

Did GTX?  I have always thought it was just the Charger.

GreenMachine

You may be right, I remember in the past them being listed for Charger/GTX, but after your post I decided to check. According to several ads on Ebay, they fit 66-70 Charger, 67 GTX/Satellite/Coronet 500, and certain years C bodies.

BIGBLCK11

You can get std. door panels from PUI.  The door panels are pretty decent.  Here is a link, but you have to find a dealer to order.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000079a~Z5Z5Z586474~P0.00~~~~S3FC0M4E3871502114424c~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000079x

b5blue

My original's have "Charger" in script on them....like a smaller version from the side of the roof. Anyone's come with that detail ? (Or can it be bought?)

Ghoste

That is part of the panel for 70 isn't it?  (the small Charger script that is)

b5blue

Not shown on the ones in the link.  :scratchchin:

charger_fan_4ever

I almopst think Legendary's are the only ones that come with the charher emblem on the panel. Then again not even sure might be an "extra" like all other 70 unique parts lol.

b5blue

The "C" is broken, missing 1/2 of it on one of mine.   :'(  (It only says "_harger".)

BIGBLCK11

My original panels(70) have the script, but the PUI replacements don't.  They look pretty nice, minus that part.  One of mine is broken, otherwise I might consider putting them on the new ones.  I don't know if that small script piece is repopped separately, I have not seen a listing for one.  I didn't order/install the ones in my car, so I can't tell you much more about them.  

edit: I just checked Legendary's site, their panels do not have the script either, at least in the rather small pics.

Ghoste

It doesn't look like it in the catalog either. (with the larger pics)

GreenMachine

I have an emblem off an old panel, I can't see any way to transfer it to a new panel.

Ghoste

Does anyone make one that size that could be glued to the new panel?  That is, is there another application such as inside a 3rd gen or something?

charger_fan_4ever

FYI to anyone looking for PG classic stuff. I guess the only way to place an order is online using their cart. I finally got a work order from them, I checked it over and there were 2 items that were wrong. I wrote back advising this and even gave them their part #'s of the correct parts. Never heard another word. For a $2500 order i would have expected better service. I didn't expect it would be me chasing them.

Reason I wanted to order was to save the cross border shipping.