News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

fire trucks

Started by charger490, February 29, 2012, 03:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger490

anyone here collect fire trucks i have about 500 of them.been collecting them for 65 years

John_Kunkel

I've always wanted a real one to restore, I coulda got this one cheap but then I priced the parts........
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

bakerhillpins

Firetrucks are cool!   :coolgleamA:

No collection here but always wanted a real one too. Joined the local Fire dpt. and get to play with the real deal and someone else deals with the expense and upkeep.  :eek2: :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

nvrbdn

i have some fire trucks. probably about 30 or so. here are a couple.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

That's a very nice collection you've got there mate.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

mrsskip68

My dad was a Captain of the Santa Barbara fire dept, so I loved being at and practically lived at the station as a kid! So much fun just playing with the boots, (that went up to almost my waist at the time) And  pretending I was driving the rig !  :smilielol: Kids in my neighborhood were so jealous!  :nana: I have a small collection of trucks too, and will try to gather them for a pic! Lisa

P.S. BTW firemen ALWAYS MAKE GREAT FOOD!!!!!!!!!  :yesnod:

nvrbdn

thats cool. most popular kid around. :2thumbs: i remember when i was in grade school and we took a field trip to the fire dept. that was a cool day as a grade schooler. they gave us those thin plastic firemans helmets.we were the stuff that day.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

My fire dept I belong to has a member who bought all the old antique fire apparatus.  He still owns the 1 of 1 custom made 1964 Dodge heavy rescue truck.  D900 chasis.  Ill have to dig up a pic and scan it and then post it here.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Darkman

Quote from: mrsskip68 on March 01, 2012, 12:24:52 AM

Hey that's not very nice. They're human and have feelings too....

(oh you mean they have great culinary skills  :nana:  :smilielol: )
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

charger490

was in the fire dept. for about 45 years and was a chief for 10 years.have to tell you a story, one January we had a fire in one of our firemans house so about a month later i ask the fireman that owned the house if he had take out the cider from the basement . so we went over to the house and took two barrells  out . brought them to the fire house tapped them and took out the apple jack and we drank it all.good thing there was no fires that day because no one could move.we all ended up sleeping there that night

Fred

Quote from: Darkman on March 01, 2012, 07:39:56 PM
Quote from: mrsskip68 on March 01, 2012, 12:24:52 AM

Hey that's not very nice. They're human and have feelings too....

(oh you mean they have great culinary skills  :nana:  :smilielol: )

But only if you like char grilled!  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

resq302

1964 Custom Dodge D900 rescue truck.  The curved part above the cab is ALL lead!!!!  The thing was a manual trans and even had a split gear rear axle.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto